Vario project started

jostein

Adventurer
Wheels

I also did manage to decide upon wheels at last. Went for 10R17.5 Bridegstone VSX. Kept dual rears.

DSC_0114.jpgDSC_0073.jpg

Ullie

Adventurer
I appologize my lack of reply, have changed job and email, so missed that there have been activity on this thread. There have not been to much activity on my project for a while either. Hope to get more time now.

Regarding the Plasti dip. I have reinstalled the panels, but not used the truck. So not much to add yet. Also used it for a roof console I made.

View attachment 243641 View attachment 243642

It looks very clean. The result is what I hope for. I'll probably give it a go to this winter.

jostein

Adventurer
Yes, I really like that it is so easy to get a clean nice finish. I suspect that it will be harder to keep clean than before due to the rubber-like surface though. Maybe not as ideal for surfaces that are regularily touched, such as door handles. Time will show.
I will do the door panels next weekend. Closeup of the console shows finish when used on primed mdf board:
DSC_0216.jpg DSC_0207.jpg
Will house a 2- DIN navi/radio and some gauges as well as the Ebersprächer control unit.

jostein

Adventurer
I don't now what the designer was thinking when he decided for pink/purple textiles. Decided to do something with it:)

DSC_0256.jpgDSC_0253.jpg

jostein

Adventurer
Underrun protection test install.
DSC_0296.jpg DSC_0299.jpg
To ensure decent departure angle when needed, I went for a fold up design.
DSC_0298.jpg

jostein

Adventurer
I think it is in most countries. Maximum clearance up to the underrun protection can be 490mm here in Norway.

canals1164

Observer
Its interesting to check out the rules, we have construction and use regs here in the UK which I would imagine are in line with the rest of Europe. One great exemption for campers is that trucks don't need spray suppression on mud guards if they are 4 WD. I spent hours reading the regs but I suspect that if challenged we would fall foul on some detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles