09 JKU + supercharger vs '12+ JKU

it is an interesting question here is my situation your thoughts

I have an 08 jku rubicon I owe just about 7700 on it. It has 95 k a 4inch ome lift warn bumper smitty 10k winch rock sliders and runs on 33 inch falkens. Stock 410 gears. my payment is cheap at $301. that being said I need tires want to go to 35's. want leather seats heated for my 60= year old bones. So do i a buy a newer jku rubicon 2012 or 2013 start the lift and winch process again. Increase my payment dramatically or b
g stay with the 08, add a super charger or a v-8 swap ? and maybe new gears 4:88 or 5:13's get after market leather seats etc.
At my dealers lot there are a lot of nice jeeps with aev lift winch racks 37inch tires leather etc, but They are Gulp like 60K and a decent stock ruby is what 38-41K. so what do I do ?

your thoughts and why?

all opinions greatly appreciated

Septu

Explorer
I have an 08 jku rubicon I owe just about 7700 on it. It has 95 k a 4inch ome lift warn bumper smitty 10k winch rock sliders and runs on 33 inch falkens. Stock 410 gears. my payment is cheap at $301. that being said I need tires want to go to 35's. want leather seats heated for my 60= year old bones. So do i a buy a newer jku rubicon 2012 or 2013 start the lift and winch process again. Increase my payment dramatically or b
g stay with the 08, add a super charger or a v-8 swap ? and maybe new gears 4:88 or 5:13's get after market leather seats etc.
At my dealers lot there are a lot of nice jeeps with aev lift winch racks 37inch tires leather etc, but They are Gulp like 60K and a decent stock ruby is what 38-41K. so what do I do ?

your thoughts and why?

all opinions greatly appreciated

Super charger is ~6k + install. V8 is ~15k (give or take a bit). You can probably get new seats for less than 2k. Heck, you could just go to a seat cover (Iggee's is a fake leather), and put in the heated seats. That'll cost less than 1k. If that's your ONLY complaint (lack of power, heated seats), I'd be upgrading the old one.

I went from an 07 to a 12 for several reasons. Ultimately it came down to the 07 didn't have AC, and when added in with the rest of the upgrades (gears, lockers, SC/engine swap), it was cheaper to get the 12 than build the 07. However I did use that decision to get the Rubi over the Sport, Auto over 6spd, leather seats, cmd start, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior