Looking for the ultimate offroad concept

Hi guys,
i`m looking for the ultimate offroad concept. Doesn`t matter if it is tracked, wheeled, screw drive, 4x4, 10x10 or something else. I`d would like to know what you guys think is best and why.

Probably going to build the winner, so let`s hear your ideas.

verdesardog

Explorer
There probably isn't a "most ultimate" off road vehicle. There are so many different types of "off road" that one vehicle couldn't do them all.

Just general offroading and probably snow. Not going fast, no excessive rock crawling.

Will be somehow small and use a small engine, so 20mph top would be ok.

LR Max

Local Oaf
KOH car.

Can do 100 mph across the desert, then rock crawl...all while enduro racing.

Just my personal opinion. I've seen guys drive their KOH cars to the trail. Air down and hang with trailer queens. Kinda cool.

Chazz Layne

Administrator
The 2004 Land Rover Discovery is undisputeably the ultimate off-pavement vehicle. :jump:

If we're sticking to small vehicles, I'm quite fond of the Jimny. With rock crawling out of the equation, the taller vehicles in Subaru's line-up could also be in the running (capable, reliable, easy/cheap to fix). Mitsubishi's older Montero and Isuzu's older Trooper would be tied for third on my list.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I don`t want to buy a vehicle, i`m looking for an interesting concept and going to build the vehicle itself. :ylsmoke:

Yes, I understand that. What I meant was, building the ultimate offroad vehicle can range. You could buy a modded out Jeep for 40k or you could spend well over 500k on a KOH vehicle like stated above.

What i`m thinking about is something like this:

16978005hd.jpg
[/IMG]

java

Expedition Leader
Well with all the other things you have built, I want to watch!!

Loved the COOT I used to play with in AK. Lots of fun and would go just about anywhere.
They are basically two squares, connected in the middle to articulate, 10ish HP lawnmower style engine, large tractor tires, and plugs in the floor would allow it to float and paddle with the tread lugs.
Found this: http://www.cootworld.com/geninfo/whatis.html

brp

Observer
One of the early Unimogs has just about every feature/strategy/system you could need for low speed, low hp, off roading.

If you are really thinking broadly, water, check out TerraTigers or Argos

I doubt a snowmobile has any offroad capabilities at all. I also already built something like a snowmobile, so i don't need another one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior