Nissan NV 4x4 vans by Quigley

zuren

Adventurer
It's been a while since I've posted but just stumbled across something that I haven't seen mentioned...

http://www.quigley4x4.com/tabid/223/Default.aspx

http://www.quigley4x4.com/Gallery/NissanProducts/NissanProductPhotos.aspx

Quigley-4x4-Nissan-NV-conversion-front.jpg

I have to admit that I have always thought the NV is an ugly duck! They convert the 2500 and 3500 chassis. Just FYI.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I like them... I think if you put a rack up there some nice bumpers and lights they would look great. I would like to know what they used for the conversion.

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting. It's worthwhile to remember that the Quigley conversion retains factory ride height, IFS, and single speed transfer case. This should be fine for most 4x4 applications, but YMMV.

Price for Quigley's Nissan conversion is about $11,000. The Quigley conversions for Ford or GM vans costs about $1000 more. It's interesting that Quigley does provide a 2 speed transfer case for GM products.

zuren

Adventurer
I like them... I think if you put a rack up there some nice bumpers and lights they would look great. I would like to know what they used for the conversion.

Accessing the engine would be easier if you do your own wrenching. I guess that makes them a little prettier to me!

haven

Expedition Leader
http://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/nv1500-2500-3500

"Another surprise is that Nissan chose to create a dedicated chassis for its new van. Aside from one crossmember, the NV's fully boxed ladder frame—it looks as if it could have been sectioned out of New York's 59th Street Bridge—shares nothing with the Titan pickup. That's a lot of investment for what figures to be a small slice of a modest market, although we do expect Nissan to utilize this frame for a heavy-duty Titan or the next generation of the regular-strength pickup."

It will be interesting to see if Nissan uses the frame for an HD pickup. Certainly any HD pickup will have 4x4 and low range as options.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
I despised these when they first rolled out, but with the Econoline being discontinued leaving us with mostly Sprinter type vans, which I dislike even more, I am liking these more and more. The NV actually reminds me of an Econoline the more I look at it. Someone on here posted a photoshopped version on the NV with lift, tires, bumpers, pop-top camper, etc...it looked really good. I especially like the low roof version in the photo above too. The high roof NV's are not nearly as good looking and remind me of the Sprinter type vans.

I hope to get a van in the somewhat near future and have always thought I'd buy an old Econoline, but maybe if I wait a while Nissan will offer these in 4x4 or diesel, or both. Or at least maybe we'll see if the new Titan 4x4 running gear would swap over, along with that new 5.0 Cummins :)

Desert Dan

Explorer
I saw an NV 3500 Van. Very nice and no BS. Feels like a mini -UPS truck built in steps and handles in the rear. Huge inside!

I wish you could get a window in the side door and top sections and a factory 4x4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior