Show us your 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ

Here's mine

View attachment 207414

View attachment 207415

View attachment 207416

4" IRO lift, Rocky Road sliders, Surco rack, Lightforce 170's, 32" Falken Wildpeak AT's, ARB awning, c02 tank, Uniden CB radio, trailer hitch spare tire carrier, 4 gallon Rotopax, Hi-Lift, Trasharoo, and not nearly enough time off work to go out and hit the trails!

..and Mr. Hiscox is correct...theksmith's WJ is what all other WJ's wish they could be! :Wow1:

What are you using to attach your spare, hi-lift, and rotopax to your tailgate there?

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
It's just a trailer hitch carrier. I had the mount for the Rotopax welded onto the inside part of the carrier, and for the hi-lift, I bought a 1/4" thick, 18" long piece of steel from Lowe's, drilled a couple holes in it, had it welded underneath the Rotopax, and used some screws & wing nuts to mount it!

WJHahn

Just joined. Mine is a '02 Limited with a 4" lift, 17" Rubicon take offs, a Hellwig rear sway bar and a Rola rack. Been slowly getting into off road and expedition style seems to have become a fascination as I love camping and exploring, but sometimes hauling my trailer seems like too much.
IMG_20131019_153050_946.jpg

Lots of future plans on making her as self sufficient as possible, while keeping it a daily driver.

Last edited:
Just joined. Mine is a '02 Limited with a 4" lift, 17" Rubicon take offs, a Hellwig rear sway bar and a Rola rack. Been slowly getting into off road and expedition style seems to have become a fascination as I love camping and exploring, but sometimes hauling my trailer seems like too much.
View attachment 209324

Lots of future plans on making her as self sufficient as possible, while keeping it a daily driver.

Welcome! Im also just getting into this whole overlanding thing and I can't stop reading through all the information on this forum. Im on my second wj. Im by no means an expert or even mechanically inclined but I have been through a lot of with my two wj's and im slowly picking up on things. Let me know of you have questions about anything and maybe I can help or at least save you some search engine time. I live in Vista Ca and im always driving through Temecula on my way to big bear or the desert. Ill post any future runs in case you want to join us. I usually roll with a group called 4x4corps. Were mostly prior military. A good group of guys. I've been trying to make the change from rock crawling to ovwrlanding so I've been focusing on improving my self sufficiency.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
How good are those rotopax? Any leaks or seal issues? Will they hold up to abuse?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

No issues at all! They hold up to normal abuse, wear, and tear just fine! I especially like the mounting options considering their size versus a jerry can! I had mine mounted high enough to be able to use a siphon hose to fill up my gas tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior