"TrailTop" modular trailer topper building components

jscherb

Expedition Leader

Oh no, not me, that article credits "Jeff Schwerb", I'm Jeff Scherb :D.

I guess if the publicity interests any companies in picking up the TrailTop System for production, it doesn't matter what they call me. I am running out of space here though, so I'll probably get rid of the mold masters soon. I will keep my molds so I can make more parts for future Trailtop-based projects, I've got a few new ideas...

ajmaudio

Adventurer
i've got one of the windy nation actuators on a an automatic chicken door I built last fall ... its a bit better than I thought it would be...

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The parts you are showing are awesome but how can I get them? Looking at building a slide to for a cargo trailer. HELP.

The TrailTop parts aren't on the market at this time.

I don't sell anything, I just made the TrailTop molds and all of the TrailTop parts seen in this thread in my home garage, but if someone/some company is interested in bringing the TrailTop system/parts to market I'd be happy to explore the idea with them.

Bantam2

Hope someone will buy Your patent :) Market requested this type Products, Self-Assembly Set for outdoors and car Builders.

Send a package to Norway soon.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Hope someone will buy Your patent :) Market requested this type Products, Self-Assembly Set for outdoors and car Builders.

Send a package to Norway soon.

I don't know if any companies/persons would be interested in marketing the TrailTop components, but getting them into production wouldn't take a lot of effort; I've got all of the original mold masters which would be used to make production molds. I've got all of my molds as well so I can make more parts for worthwhile projects but I haven't spent any time on anything related to the TrailTop system in quite a while because I've been busy with other projects and responsibilities.

Matt.H

Adventurer
I may be interested in the master patterns. I would like to talk more.

PM him! Some of us are waiting on our savior that will put this into production. How ever, he's out of state helping his college kids this weekend.

opp

Observer
It'll be nice to see some one getting this . As this Way of building has been going on for over 60 years .Many have gone to pull excluders. A market may also be found in fiberglass fro terracotta This shape can be modified with just adding small dames .

opp

Observer
Some thing I found out .If using 1/4'' woodply .On the top use 1/8 lip helps with draining .For the sides make the lip reset 3/8'' . As not all woodply has the same thickness . That's what I found just for me.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Some thing I found out .If using 1/4'' woodply .On the top use 1/8 lip helps with draining .For the sides make the lip reset 3/8'' . As not all woodply has the same thickness . That's what I found just for me.

Thanks. Here are my results with the TrailTop parts and 1/4" plywood... I built this TrailTop-based lid for my Jeep-tub trailer three years ago this month:

ClamshellRescueIT12_zpsf39b991c.jpg

Today it looks exactly as it did three years ago - you still can't tell where the joint between the fiberglass TrailTop parts and the 1/4" plywood is, and it's never leaked. Based on these results, I believe the TrailTop parts are perfectly sized for the use of 1/4" plywood.

RescueItAfterDryWinter_zpsyp6vlscx.jpg

BTW here it is before the finish went on, in this view the TrailTop parts and the plywood parts are easily seen.

CoveryAssyDone5_zpsa1a7e383.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Not seeing the option to email you? I tried to send a PM But site will not allow it.

Sorry, PM's aren't practical for me on this site. Click on my user id in the upper left hand corner of any of my posts and you should get a menu that includes the ability to send me an email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior