Starting a home build FG and looking for lots of advice.

ebbs

Observer
how much of the HNR did you end up using as it is?

My project, when it kicks off, will take me a couple years I'm guessing as I'll be going to Nursing school and working at the same time... but it's all good, I'd rather take my time than try to rush and screw something up, and my luck I wouldn't find it until I was in the middle of nowhere anyways. Plus, the longer it takes, the easier it is to fit it into my budget lol(ie hide true expense from the wife)

Interested to know how far this build has come??

Looks like a lot of thought has gone into building a good base.

Was also curious how that rear overhang turned out in respect of a departure angle for the truck?

1aquaholic

Adventurer
The video a couple of posts above is were I'm at right now, there's a lot more going on than you can see I just don't have the time to write about it all, I'm not very good at it ether.

I took it through the off-road course at nw overland rally and it did much better than I could have hoped. It has a lot of tale swing but I'm used to driving rigs like that.

This was a while ago before the compartments but same angle with the fuel tank.

https://youtu.be/ZO0uiY8mR5s

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I was a little surprised to see the right-hand rear wheels spin when in a hole (@1:50 in the video). Doesn't your truck have a LSD in the rear?

Aussie Iron

Explorer
I was a little surprised to see the right-hand rear wheels spin when in a hole (@1:50 in the video). Doesn't your truck have a LSD in the rear?

Wheels can still spin when fitted with a limited slip diff but that is certainly a lot of spin, must have had a front wheel spinning as well because otherwise you would think it would still have had forward motion.
No front Locker/Atb centre.

Dan.

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Well it's been a long time life gets in the way and I've been slowly puttering away at this project. One of the cool side notes is I've been running WVO for the last couple years and pick up and processing it on board successfully. Also ditch the mirrors and Wentworth cameras and screens in the cab all 1080p HD. Finished up all the wiring and plumbing and built the box but haven't permanently attached to it yet. Haven't had time and don't really like doing a build thread but thought I'd do a little update with some pictures.
feab85d0d39f9473b0c69c340e5d3c1a.jpg
f4ea8a5c725848e5ad21870c80522c83.jpg
ba6def3b439b2bf0971f7d5930a052f4.jpg
0eeb922a9910fb6258c447d2cb54b268.jpg
520fa858af5042bfc3732cb009c8a2b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles