What would you never put on your expo trailer ever again?

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
I'm in the early stages of building an Expo'ish motorcycle trailer. The goal is to be able to haul a bike just about anywhere yet be able to sleep in the trailer. I am planning a full self contained trailer but was wondering if there was anything that you regretted adding to your trailer. Seems when one always looks back at their build and when being honest they would of passed on one thing or another. Any insight? :Wow1:

Bengels Pack Mule 011.jpgBengels Pack Mule 010.jpg

Last edited:

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
I'd have to agree... I love my trailer, but the weight is the thing I like the least. I'm not sure that I could have shaved that much off and still met my goals without building it out of alum., but if it was lighter, it would be better. As in, use less gas on the way there, be easier on the truck towing hills, be able to due tougher trails, etc.

Don

-

Arlo

Adventurer
Hmm, you are from the other side of the ocean.

Try to exchange some of the steel materials into alumimum. This might help a little bit.

Remove the bike, this will help for sure.

On the other hand, I'm not quite sure about your weight problem? :coffee:

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Makes perfect since but I forgot to mention that Im pulling this thing with a 350 V8 soon to be a 454 big block The suspension has already been beefed up so the weight is not as much of an issue for me than someone with a 6 cylinder or even a small v8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles