The Rambulance: FL50 Freightliner Ambulance / Camper / Tow Rig - Conversion

Scblackhawk5

My 1996 international

Hey, just watching your post on the Freightliner you picked up the New York wanted to show you a 1996 international
That I've been working on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 142

MNtal

Observer
Hey, just watching your post on the Freightliner you picked up the New York wanted to show you a 1996 international
That I've been working on.
That's a very nice looking rig you got there
I've been working on mine a bit here and there, nothing drastic, mostly just when I feel like it or have some extra time or extra $$$. Being Patient and holding out has gotten me a lot of really good deals on stuff.
Stripped the vinyl
Gutted the interior (Yuck)
Bolted on a new set of (6)wheels and Tires, 275-70R22.5's on Alcoa's $2700
p.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I have been purchasing some of my components,
2x Fridges an Edgstar 66Qt DC cooler $350, & small Norcold DC refrigerator (Thanks Bob)
Atwood 3 burner Propane Stove $129, (I have a 100Lb Cylinder in Compartment #1)
Got a smoking deal on A Bostrom Wide Ride low back Serta Captains Chair that was a take out for $220 sucky part is the other one might cost me $1K:Wow1:
s-l225.jpg

Coleman Roadtrip Grill (Christmas Gift)
2x Zero G Reclining Chairs (Christmas Gift)
Frigidaire 5000BTU wall Mount AC unit $168 Link to a thread discussing High Efficiency Units
Dual Camera, back up Camera w/ 7.2" display $120
61yLIaZcOTL._SL1000_.jpg

I've been fighting with Brakes, then Ignoring them; I might start fighting with them here again shortly.
And I recently Purchased 4x 280W Solar Panels @ $60ea. Solar Thread I have going
I bought a Mascott. $Priceless
p.jpg

and after many months of thinking about it I've settled on a floor plan.
rev3.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
I'm in the process of building myself a 4 Seat, 4 wheel steer Rock Buggy, so I've been spending a lot of time and $$$ on that. I'm also saving to buy a house or land. I wouldn't expect things to pickup anytime soon but I'm planning to head to MOAB in April so it would be nice to finally use this thing. It will get done some day, or it won't. I've learned so much from taking on this project and I'm looking forward to working my way through the rest of the build.
Removing some of the Wiring is up next, Fixing the Brakes, then building a Receiver Hitch.
I'll see if I can get some pictures of the current state this weekend.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    414.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

rlrenz

Explorer
Nice layout!

It looks like a pullout table slides under the bed - that's a great use of space. If you need any slides, check out www.cabinetparts.com, and look at the Accuride 9301. They're rated at up to 500 Lbs, and they come in lengths up to 60".

The mascot is definitely you...

Accuride 9301 slides.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles