Aux lights?

Ghostdog

Observer
I'm looking to purchase a set of auxiliary lights for my 80's series LC (1997 anv. edition). I have a stock bumper so would be looking to mount them either on the grill or bumper. I decided it might be night nice to have some aux lighting when I was driving home from work recently on a rural road when a 2 foot snow drift snuck up on me. The LC barely noticed, but still, since I do a lot of driving on rural roads (for work and play), it seems an aux lighting set up would be beneficial in a number of circumstances. Looked a couple Hella options (500 and black magic), and both seem like good options, but I don't know much about it. I would probably bribe my mechanic friend to install them, but still, easy to install would be nice. Don't mind paying for quality.

I'm sure there are a ton of opinions out there, but still appreciate the input.

java

Expedition Leader
Whats your budget? That will change your options. %00's are cheap, but don't get as much light out as some higher end ones.

I personally have the HID offroad light O'Reilly sells. ~$300 for the set but put out pretty good light. On my other truck I just put on a 40" LED light bar. Lots of light, doesn't mind being flicked on and off for traffic like the
HID's do. It was $262 shipped to my door with a wiring harness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles