CL Canada Toyota van-based TownAce camper

hrududu

Adventurer
Have never seen anything like this, but looks pretty interesting and unique. Even has a slide out. Can't add a photo, but might be worth archiving.
With diesel, 4wd and 5 speed, seems mighty capable.

http://kelowna.en.craigslist.ca/rvs/4268940062.html

Posted: 15 days ago
1991 Toyota TownAce Camper Van 4WD - $19500 (Twin Lakes, B.C.)

One of a kind camper van imported from Japan, right hand drive, 2 litre, diesel, 4WD, 5 speed standard (column shift), air conditioned, 89,000 original kms. Excellent fuel consumption, recent work completed for inspection, recently painted, new tires, new in dash cd/i-pod dock, very clean. Side cranks out to nearly double the width. Fresh water and grey water tanks, sink, fridge, small shower/bathroom stall. This is a very unique, self-contained and convenient vehicle. Priced to sell.

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4268940062

The Toy Guy

Observer
Truly way cool design.

It's all good until the image plays in my mind of pulling over and then my three active little ones piling out the door on the left had side of the vehicle right onto the active traffic lane. Next!

toyota van with a slide-out?! pretty cool. actually damn cool.

pattersonimages

Adventurer
Having owned many RHD vehicles, its had to say I'd pass based on that.. Agree it may be an issue in some places- but how many times do you pull over in a high traffic street to park? Usually there are carparks, / off main street parking. Then again - although cool.. this thing is very underpowered. I owned a camper van ( smaller - pop top ) with the same engine. Gutless.. but efficient.

I'd say its a great way for someone to leave Canada to do a "headed south" adventure - but with its size it wouldnt be carting any extra kids..
Jeff

Truly way cool design.

It's all good until the image plays in my mind of pulling over and then my three active little ones piling out the door on the left had side of the vehicle right onto the active traffic lane. Next!

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
toyota van with a slide-out?! pretty cool. actually damn cool.
Yup, that slide-out (double depth) is pretty cool
Photos for when the Craigslist ad goes away:
townace2.jpg
townace1.jpg
townace3.jpg
townace4.jpg
townace5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles