My touring bike build.

Turbotrucker

Hi all just wanted to show you how my tourer is coming along. I started of with this a steel Genesis cyclo cross bike similar to the one that Vin cox rode on his around the world record heres how it arrived

But after months of trying i just couldn't get on with the drop bars so i swapped to riser bars

Then a Brookes saddle and guards and some bar ends

Since that photo was taken i've added a rear rack,hydraulic brakes,twin front and rear lights,a shorter stem and added rubber grips to the bar end i will get some more pics soon,Just needs some luggage now :)

keezer37

Explorer
Nice. Finally, a tourer thread. I plan on doing the same this spring when I buy a..., maybe Bruce Gordon but probably a Rodriguiz Adventure. I do not like drop bars either and plan on going with a flat of low riser. I've seen a lot of butterfly bars this past summer. Look handy for mounting anything and everything and you get the added hand positions. Of course my well broken in Brooks Flyer will be going on it. I'm not experienced with hydraulic brakes and wonder about maintenance. I want to be as simple and maintenance free as possible. Rodriguiz (R+E Cycle) have these Big Squeeze brakes that I like.
I look forward to seeing more of your bike.

Turbotrucker

Thanks, I'm tempded to try some butterfly bars if the price is right :)
Some very nice bikes on that R+E site and those brakes are interesting but i personaly prefer disks as they just work great in all weathers, don't need a perfectly true rim and don't wear the rims down, also need less maintenance than rim brakes with my mtb which i ride hard twice a week in the muddy UK has only needed a set of pads and a bleed in nearly two years wear as my old rim braked mtb would have gone though 3 sets of pads, inner and outer cables x2 and i would have been always fiddling with them.

fortel

Adventurer
Nice ride. My gravel road bike is a 2010 Specialized Tricross Comp with Shimano 105, and the main thing I wish it had that wasn't available at the time is disk brakes. I've thought about losing the drop bars too but I deal with lots of riding time with wicked headwinds so being able to get down on the drops does pay off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior