Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
Any pictures of the sliders installed?

Here ya go....

32623915680_61cf3c716a_b.jpg

32190365113_81f487698c_b.jpg

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
Very clean. Must add welding to my arsenal of home fab capabilities!
I never took any metal shop classes in school and always wished that I had. A few years ago I took a 1-day welding class at the local tech college, bought a welder on Craigslist, and started practicing. YouTube is a great teacher...I've found that I really enjoy metalwork!

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I never took any metal shop classes in school and always wished that I had. A few years ago I took a 1-day welding class at the local tech college, bought a welder on Craigslist, and started practicing. YouTube is a great teacher...I've found that I really enjoy metalwork!

I love metal work also. So far just a lot of drilling, milling, lathe and bolting together. I will look up a local one day class. That is a great idea.

kdj

Observer
Sabre, those look great. I just built a set for my gen3. This is a really good project for anyone looking to try some metal work.

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
No, my truck didn't come with running boards and I've never seen how they're mounted. If you look at the rails in primer you see that they have three mounting points, each with a different shape. I mocked up the three shapes in cardboard to get a good tight fit. Each is comprised of a flat steel plate with two holes for bolts to attach them to corresponding locations behind the rockers. They're tucked up in there much tighter than the factory running boards I imagine, giving as much ground clearance as possible.

12062213154_fa29d21491_b.jpg

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
It looks like they touch the underside of the body in this shot but they stand off about half an inch.

21120089964_9358709692_b.jpg

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I know a few guys have used the running board mounts so I will try that since mine does have them. Thanks for all of the info. Love your truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles