Coleman camp oven?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I inherited one a few years ago, but haven't used it. Matter of fact, I don't think the previous owner used it, either.

Here's a link you might find interesting.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I picked one up in November, will be using it for the first time on DE-IV. I also picked up a white gas Coleman stove to go with my white gas lanterns (which I recently started collecting.)

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
We do biscuits in the oven over the BBQ grill. Works great!
I did not find one of it in use, but you can see the golden biscuits :)

DSCN1349.JPG

highdesertranger

Adventurer
henry looks like one happy camper there. back to the coleman oven. I have one used it for years. if you can keep it out of the wind it works pretty good. in the wind not so much, to hard to regulate the temp. for what it is it works good. btw I now have a camp chef oven. works much better in the wind. highdesertranger

concretejungle

Adventurer
I was on the Rubicon last year and one of the guys on the trails baked up some pizzas. That's when i decided to buy one immediately.

XpoNoobie

Observer
I picked up one last year. Ive made some muffins and tried small frozen pizzas in it. I cant complain for what it is and does. Just keep a eye on the temps and you should be okay, windy days can take a bit longer to cook also.

summerprophet

Adventurer
I just used one for the first time on the white rim trail. It works really really well. The guy who convinced me (and did most of the cooking) spends 2 months a year in Antarctica, and uses it has his primary source of cooking.

We had pizzas, nachos, cookies, and garlic bread.

The only suggestion is to rotate the oven regularly to get even heat, as it stays warmer on the stove windscreen side.

I just used one for the first time on the white rim trail. It works really really well. The guy who convinced me (and did most of the cooking) spends 2 months a year in Antarctica, and uses it has his primary source of cooking.

We had pizzas, nachos, cookies, and garlic bread.

The only suggestion is to rotate the oven regularly to get even heat, as it stays warmer on the stove windscreen side.

Good idea of rotating the oven...isn't that a rotisserie?:)

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am using the coleman Propane oven/stove combo with the propane coffee maker. I have to build/buy a good case for it.

GregSplett

Adventurer
Just bought one from Cabelas .Going to put it to the test this wed thru Tuesday camping fishing on the Hoh river.I will take pics of the results. Wife is exited about biscuits and cinnamon rolls.

Paid forty at Cabelas plus shipping could of got it at Walley world for thirty and gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles