16,500 miles

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
An FYI
It looks like 5 are up for auction
Stewart and Stevenson M-1078 Cargo Truck LMTV auctions: (opens 02/02/14, closes 02/04/14)
[Stewart and Stevenson M-1078 Cargo Truck LMTV auction results:
M-1078 Cargo Truck LMTV1 Closed at $7,770.00
M-1078 Cargo Truck LMTV2 Closed at $12,000.00
M-1078 Cargo Truck LMTV3 Closed at $14,500.00
M-1078 Cargo Truck LMTV4 Closed at $13,500.00
M-1078 Cargo Truck LMTV5 Closed at $15,500.00
-
BUT a warning, I posted these in another thread here on the Expo Portal and LoRoad who owns a factory direct (BAE) truck points this out:
Just one precautionary comment, and the reason why I didn't go with one of these, is: According to BAE themselves it is illegal to own and/or operate one of these military FMTV's in North America under civilian use - Federal law prohibits it. I don't mean to open any can of stinky worms here, and while there certainly are those who will tell you that they can get it titled and/or maybe you can yourself - my worry was simple....what happens when I leave the comfort of my home here in the good old USA but then am (and this could be a real issue) not allowed back into my home country with that vehicle because of the Federal laws prohibiting it.

People are going to do what they are going to do. But when we found this information out, it was enough for us to not want to even take the chance - it just wasn't worth it. Besides that, it is against the law.

I'll do my best to stay off that particular soap box from now on. I would just hate to hear of someone losing their vehicle because I was silent on the point.
Link to that thread

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

The 4 wheel ones are a little bouncy, but they are none the less a great vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94