'11 Suzuki SX4 AWD

cbmadcow

I got this license plate mounting bar which has slots for mounting driving lights / light bars.

https://www.amazon.ca/LITE-WAY-License-Bracket-Off-Road-Universal/dp/B01HD2I3EM

This is a nice light weight bar for mounting lights in small cars. have mounted a 20 inch light bar on this, will post pics once I take some !

Ha I just bought the same exact one for mine...waiting for it to arrive. How is yours holding up. What did you mount on it. I am planning on 4" light pods from Aux beam once they are available.

ExDementia

Adventurer
Ha I just bought the same exact one for mine...waiting for it to arrive. How is yours holding up. What did you mount on it. I am planning on 4" light pods from Aux beam once they are available.
I recently picked one up for my Allroad. They're surprisingly decent for how cheap they are. And they somehow stay steady enough to hold a set of lights even with the stock mounting:
kU20Yiil.jpg

Awesome build! I've been watching this one.

vhercules

Holding up well. just used the existing rusted license plate screws to fasten on the plastic bumper. After mounting a 20 inch light bar I added 4 more self tapping license plate screws onto the plastic bumper. Have taken it thru car wash and no vibration.

Great looking ride, OP! Reading this has added the SX4 to my radar. I wanted an SUV that I could take out exploring on weekends, and drive in rain/snow to keep my 2-door car nice and clean in the winter. But the plus to the SX4 over a bigger SUV is that I can daily drive it to work and not rack up miles on my garage queen. :wings:

So if you ever want to sell it...

dcbryan

Observer
This pretty much explains it:

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded-web/

"Photobucket has been letting users upload and host images for free on their servers. They have over 10 billion images stored by 100 million registered users. But now they’re going to start charging, and that means billions of images around the Web are now broken."

@wagoneersx4 Is there a reason why I can't see the pictures? They all look like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Yeah Photobucket just dropped a giant ******* you bomb on everybody. I have countless DIY threads on forums for people to follow on how to do certain things that are now useless because all the picture links are broken.

Anyways, I'll do my best to replace all these photos eventually. But it's going to take me a while. For now I'll just do a quick update on the car.

Well, I finally did it. After 150,000km of HARD abuse, I finally broke something. And it's not even really the car's fault. The RRO lift spacer in the front is a known weak point for strut failures. Mine basically lasted until the struts needed to be replaced so I really can't complain. But I did end up shearing off the top stud on the strut going around a hard right turn and hitting a massive pothole at an awkward angle. I was luckily able to limp it home with no issues. Again, I can't even complain as I felt the front end was getting quite loose anyways and already had new KYB struts in my shopping cart ready to go.

So all new parts have arrived, all the parts are off and I'm going to start making some new "kanook" style lift spacers for the front. He's a clubsx4 member who designed a new style spacer that seems to be very stout. It incorporates two pillow mounts in the design with sandwich plates in between. So basically all the force is distributed throughout the pillow mount as originally designed instead of through that single stud which the RRO spacer does. The end result is the same 2" of lift but all the forces are distributed in the same manner as the stock strut. Should be bullet proof. I'll post some pictures of the process to further explain.

I was originally planning on going nuts and just replacing everything in the suspension while I was in there but all the bushings are still perfect and everything else is tight as a drum. So new struts and new endlinks and she'll be ready to roll again. I might also get another set of shocks for the rear just to have all new shocks on all 4 corners. They're so cheap, so why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles