Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Grabber AT2?

Default General Grabber AT2?

Anyone running these? I'm on a budget and a need a good tire for exploring Colorado. I was considering a set of Duratracs but then a friend recommended the Grabber AT2.

If anyone has experience with these tires I'd love to hear about it. I want to go with LT265/70/17.

I have a 2007 V8 4wd 4Runner, no lift (yet).

Thanks!

Look up the expedition overland build on here. They use the general grabber at2s, very similar to BFG AT. No personal experience sorry

Also if you look up Expedition Overland on Youtube they are up to episode 4 or 5 of their Yukon trip. You can see the tires in action. They seem to be working pretty decent on their Taco and Land cruiser...

I have no personal experience with them.

I have a set on my 02 Taco, happy so far (~25k miles or so) They have worked in everything I have done. The 235/85r16 in Load E are STIFF!
    Jay

www.jaycapers.com
    02 DC Tacoma with a Flippac and other stuff
    93 FZJ80 - stock but dual lockers and less than 200k miles

74 FJ40, 91 Hilux, 98 4Runner, 98 Rav4, 02 Conqueror Compact Trailer - All Sold

I wish they had a load C in that size. Stiff in a good way or a bad way?

Both.... rougher ride than I prefer, but good when on winding roads with my Flippac. I was not happy when I aired down for the beach... I wanted more "bulge" for the softer sand.
    Jay

www.jaycapers.com
    02 DC Tacoma with a Flippac and other stuff
    93 FZJ80 - stock but dual lockers and less than 200k miles

74 FJ40, 91 Hilux, 98 4Runner, 98 Rav4, 02 Conqueror Compact Trailer - All Sold

I can personaly say that they are rather worthless in the snow even close to brand new. they also seemed to chip out a bunch on gravel. Company I worked for ran them on the company burbans
    but then again, I find the BFG AT lacking as well.
    I think that general makes fine tires, this is just not one of them.
    check out the Hankook Danapro ATM if you looking for a good price on a decent tire, I have 40 k on mine so far and they still have more then 50 percent left on them.
    they have worked great on my taco
    check out the local Les Schawb and look into the Wild Country XTX sport, I run those on my 4 runner and they are AWESOME in the snow and have great road manners.
    2012 Tacoma " The do it all Mr. fix it"
    1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Limited 3.slo " the wife's winter rig/ dont feel bad beating it off road"
    2000 Civic " The boring gas sipper"
    1999 BMW F650 classic " The fun gas sipper"

I've had them for a while now and I love them. I haven't had any issues in snow, but my truck is also around 6000 lbs, so I have weight that a lot of people don't have.

I have a set of 31x10.5x15 on my 4runner that I've run for about a year. I think they are great tires, and have zero complaints as of yet. I would buy them again.
    Been some places, done some things.

http://www.altastrekker.com

1990 Toyota 4runner

I had them on my Liberty for ~65k. Never had an issues with them. Handled well in the snow until they got towards the end of their tread. When I finally swapped them out they had a 1.5 inch screw and probably about 4-5 nails in them that didn't even phase it. Only complaint I had were that they are a little heavy so it dropped my gas mileage ~1.5, but in fairness I went from a 225R16 to a 245r16 so that should be expected. I would have bought them again except my liberty is now more of a commuter vehicle, so I went less aggressive and smaller to maximize MPG.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast