General Grabber AT2?

If I had not gotten the super cheap deal on my duratracs I'd have gone with the generals. I have seen a lot more good said about them than I have bad.

Let us know how they do off-road.

I've got a set in LT235/85R16 on my disco that i scored a great deal on. They were dam near brand new, still had all mold lines on them. For everyday driving they seem fine. A lot quieter than the BFG-KM's i was running. Havent had a chance to take them offroading yet. Will report back in a couple of weeks after i've had a chance to play in the dirt with them.

NMC_EXP

Explorer
I've had three sets of the General Grabber AT2. They are quiet on the hiway. They do fine on wet pavement. They do fine off the pavement on gravel & rock trails in the Rockies. The wider sizes like 10.5" are good in snow.

However, I removed a set of the big ones from an '89 Toyota 4WD pickup and put on AT2's in the factory size (225x75x15) to avoid regearing. These little one are mediocre at best in snow. In fact General does not recommend the small sizes for snow. The little ones do fine on the trail and dry or wet pavement.

I have not had any of them in mud.

Wear rate seems good but I do not have actual data.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
RE: snow- their website identifies the sizes that meet snow ratings.

The more good i hear about them the more I lean towards them.

jpat30

Adventurer
Not a Toyota guy, but I too have read nothing but good reviews on the AT2. I will be replacing the BFG KM2s on my WJ with a set very soon as the KM2s are just too much tire for my needs. Good luck with your decision.

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
We just rocked our AT2's on the GX on a winter trip to Telluride, SLC, and back home over a very sketchy monarch pass (it was just about to close due to snow). They were flawless in the rain, snow, and 8" of powder in Telluride. I'm a fan of these for sure :)

KiwiKurt

Explorer
We just rocked our AT2's on the GX on a winter trip to Telluride, SLC, and back home over a very sketchy monarch pass (it was just about to close due to snow). They were flawless in the rain, snow, and 8" of powder in Telluride. I'm a fan of these for sure :)

Sounds encouraging. What size were you running? Im assuming they were not studded at the time as well?

Durability reports seems to be good from these tires as well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Leipo

I ran a set 225/75-16 106s on our syncro for less then 5000km and all tyres (including the spare!) had developed bumps on the sidewalls.

we got our money back, but I don't trust them anymore

went for BFG's at/ko instead (5000km so far, so good)

1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94