So I'm buying a van...

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
Car-part.com is the best way to find some rear opening windows. It only took me about an hour to swap the fixed for opening window. Shop around I found them ranging from 35-100$ so it pays to put in some effort.

And I would say the fantastic fan mounted in place of the rear window is one of my best mods.

HoboJen

Adventurer
REDOVAL had some rear pop-out windows for the vans last month.
PM him to find out if he still has them. 2 kinds if i remember correctly, tinted and non-tinted.
I was tempted to pick a set up when he installed my HID headlights but I've got other things to complete before doing this.

thanks, i sent him a message.

Car-part.com is the best way to find some rear opening windows. It only took me about an hour to swap the fixed for opening window. Shop around I found them ranging from 35-100$ so it pays to put in some effort.

And I would say the fantastic fan mounted in place of the rear window is one of my best mods.

that is a cool mod! do you have any photos or a thread with it? how did you mount it?

i was thinking of getting a 12v fan like this to help with airflow: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028OHCYI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2DILQZLMPRJFH

definitely cheaper than a fantastic fan, but not as awesome.

Willsfree

Hi Boardrider, I bought the Maxxair Delux and really like your rear window mount idea to preserve the solid roof. My concerns would be 1) loss of privacy/stealth for visual and sound when parked in city/snowpark parking lots etc. 2) weather resistance for storm level rain/snow etc. 3) cooling effect reduced from lower elevation on wall/window vs roof mount. In the many years that you have been rocking this mod, have you suffered any negative effects?

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
So my original fantastic fan started to show some wear and was replaced by a maxx fan this go round.

But as far as rear window mount.

I don't feel it loses any privacy. But I do have a tinted glass rear window on the other door.

There has been no weather/rain/snow issues unless driving with the fan open and on.

I do concede that there is a loss of efficiency. I'm sure a roof mounted fan would be more effective at removing warm air. That being said I use the fan generally on the lowest setting and am plenty cool in our travels. If I were spending a lot of time in very warm climates I would roof mount.

Hopefully that helps!
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles