Tent Air Conditioner

a 10,000btu Honeywell MN10CESBB portable unit.

attachment.php

Do you then camp at sites with electric or do you power this off grid?

senorschmidt

Another idea

I have used the following setup before and it works great. There is actually a company that makes them for small airplanes, but it is really easy to do yourself. You need:
1. A cooler
2. A heat exchanger
3. Sump pump (12v)
4. Fan

You essentially make a circuit. You need an intake hole and an exhaust hole at the top of the cooler. On the exhaust (where you get your cold air) you mount the heat exchanger (small radiator type thingy)In the bottom of the cooler you put a sump pump and a hose that goes to the heat exchanger and then the heat exchanger empties back into the cooler. Mount a fan and optional ductwork. Fill the coller with ice and some water. Turn it on and you have A/C. You can make it for yourself pretty easily and cheaply. It looks like the picture I included down below.

IcyBreeze-38-Qt.-Portable-Air-Conditioner-and-Cooler-Blizzard%25C2%25A0.jpg

Kingsize24

10,000btu Honeywell MN10CESBB portable unit./QUOTE]

Do you need to vent the exhaust side to the outdoors?

Sorry. I'm just now seeing this. Yes, I have a 6" round hole that we cut into the side of the tent and stitched up. Works fine with no issues for us.

Do you then camp at sites with electric or do you power this off grid?

Both. I have a Honda EU3000 for when we primitive camp. I usually only need 15 gallons or so for 4-5 days of camping. Only run it on nights before bed. Usually by midnight it is cool enough even here to turn off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles