pre-fab camper shell

dags

Adventurer
Does anyone know of a supplier for a pre-fabricated hard shell camper. I'm looking to build a toyota tacoma with a camper on back. I could use nida core to build my own but would prefer to finish a shell myself.

boblynch

Adventurer
Northern Lite and Six-Pac offer hardsided truck campers for the Tacoma. Six-Pac offers shell models for the larger sizes. I really like the construction methods on the Northern Lite. Give them both a call and post what you find out.

View attachment 16107

dags

Adventurer
Thanks they are both options if I cannot find a hard shell

I'm looking to remove the bed from the pickup.

boblynch said:
Northern Lite and Six-Pac offer hardsided truck campers for the Tacoma. Six-Pac offers shell models for the larger sizes. I really like the construction methods on the Northern Lite. Give them both a call and post what you find out.

View attachment 16107

dags

Adventurer
adrenaline503 said:
Dags, I assume you are in the US?

Yep I'm in Atlanta Georgia. I just completed a nine month motorcycle trip - I met a French couple travelling in a landcruiser with a hard shell camper on the back. They purchased the shell in France and finished the interior themselves. Thought it might be good for travelling down through south/centeral america and then through africa.

hojhauler

Observer
I do like those, anybody have an idea of the cost of one for a shortbed fullsize? I have an email to them but was just wondering if anyone knew firsthand what they cost?

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
hojhauler said:
I do like those, anybody have an idea of the cost of one for a shortbed fullsize? I have an email to them but was just wondering if anyone knew firsthand what they cost?

I got a quote on one of these in 2004, I seem to remember it had a base price of about $6800CDN + options. The price was one of the main reasons I went with the 4 wheel camper instead.

classic_mini4.jpg

Cheers
Mark

ps:
I would suggest trying to find a used fiberglass camper, strip the interior and customize it. My '95 6'10" Northern Lite was $5000 and it was in almost new condition. A well used one should be even cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke