1999 Dodge 2500 CTD Build AKA Priscilla

mib1392

Observer
Hi Romad,
take photos and open another build thread!
Yes, the photo is in Big Sur, Prewitt Ridge. The perspective hides the fact that all spots were full... I guess the place is very nice, but overrun by bugs and people.

Best,
Mike

mib1392

Observer
Couldn't resist... the old lady got an old FWC. Well, not as old, but old enough to be a bargain. It's been used but not abused, need some thorough cleaning, but should overall serve us well.
It's a Kestrel, so I now have a 3.5inch platform in the bed. Turned out that's even too much. I have 2.5" space above the rails, 4 above the cab. I wanted to make a huge, flat drawer in the bed, but probably will end up just using a 1" plywood sheet or rubber mattress underneath.

More to follow...

2014-08-21 18.19.45 noplate.jpg

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Sweet! Would love one of those, but for our year trip with a 60lb dog a trailer was a bit more spacious. Cheers in the great find!

mib1392

Observer
Yes, the fridge is in the camper - not yet running, as the camper is off the truck. Thanks! It's huge (reminds me of why I wanted the 41l first), but should still work out even when the top is down. And 10l more means just more beer, either for me or as a currency for fish in Baja. :drool:
The trip will start soon, so I guess I'll update photos and what we did during/after it. Just too much to do right now.
So far we have 120W solar, a water filter, a new faucet, the truckfridge box, a sliding table underneath, a small table for inside the camper, a new floor... and a number of small things like airline tracks inside near the floor. The fridge needs to be wired and fixed, and I am heavily considering some Lithium-based battery system. Components are all here, but I hesitate to use it on a 2wks Baja trip without prior field testing.
All in all, we are very happy with the upgrade, it served us well on the Death valley trip :wings:

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Hanging out in Vegas for the winter, if you guys want to do some over landing in the area or Death Valley, or even want to try out rock climbing with us just PM me. We'll be around. If not, have fun! Be safe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94