Sani Pass trip report January with photos.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Great trip. Really really beautiful region. So very green. It's all snow and cold where I am at present. Thanks for posting.

NYCRover

Observer
My sister is planning on driving this route in either a stock Land Cruiser or Defender at the end of December. The photos lead me to believe this should be very doable, but any particularly difficult sections to be aware of?

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
Thanks for such great pictures. Makes my desire to return to Africa for an overland trip much stronger. Such scenery!! Having a beer in the highest pub in Africa
would just be bonus!! I joined your community forum just now to learn all I can from local experts and other travelers. Thank you, J

rabble

Observer
I rented a CRV in Durban and did the Sani pass, coming down from Lesoto. This must have been 2 or 3 years ago.... The chinese were working on the road and only the last 15 miles really were rough, but the CRV wasn't real 4wd and got through just fine. It was a great side trip to do when i was in SA for work. That said, i know Sani pass will get cleaned up and won't even need high clearance soon.

Jacko

Thanks for such great pictures. Makes my desire to return to Africa for an overland trip much stronger. Such scenery!! Having a beer in the highest pub in Africa
would just be bonus!! I joined your community forum just now to learn all I can from local experts and other travelers. Thank you, J

Actually it's not the Highest Pub in Africa. That bragging right belongs to the Gondola Cafe at Afriski, also in Lesotho.

Jacko

Actually it's not the Highest Pub in Africa. That bragging right belongs to the Gondola Cafe at Afriski, also in Lesotho.

Toy-Roverlander

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing!
Brings back memories, I did Sani in 2009 I think it was, in a Discovery1 300tdi. Amazingly beautiful country!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles