Not very many Grand Cherokee WK's??

ROKTAXI

Adventurer
Spent a few days in the San Rafael Swell, Montezuma Canyon and Elk Ridge back in October 2013. Some of the trails were a bit testy even for a well equipped Jeep. On one of the segments on Elk Ridge (UT) my friend took a night shot of my WK at the campsite. He also took other photos which were featured in the first edition of a new magazine called Outdoor X4. He got his pictures published on the cover... AND the back cover! But I got the CENTERFOLD!!

Outdoor_4X (1).jpgOutdoor_4X.jpg

I'm not much of a magazine subscriber kinda, guy but IMHO this publication is pretty worthwhile.

PDragon

I have a (new to me) 2007 CRD with + 210,000 Km, runs like a charm!
The only thing I have done besides routine maintenance was to upgrade the turbo intake (black seal). A GDE tune will come as soon as I can afford it.
Great vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sickchilly

Observer
Check the PCM connection under the battery as well as the engine wiring harness where it crosses the AC hard lines on the driver's side of the motor. That's what did mine in. And do get the GDE tune ASAP. It'll prevent the dreaded swirl motor failure that happened to all eventually. Is also advise getting the DPF delete option and either gutting the DPF or replacing it with a straight pipe. After all that, the CRD is pretty bulletproof.

camber

Got my extended length Monroe 58643 coilover rear shocks installed yesterday. Added about 1.25" in the rear...

6982_567546725782_763658609_n.jpg

1898228_567546760712_1671087756_n.jpg

JPFreek1

Explorer
Spent a few days in the San Rafael Swell, Montezuma Canyon and Elk Ridge back in October 2013. Some of the trails were a bit testy even for a well equipped Jeep. On one of the segments on Elk Ridge (UT) my friend took a night shot of my WK at the campsite. He also took other photos which were featured in the first edition of a new magazine called Outdoor X4. He got his pictures published on the cover... AND the back cover! But I got the CENTERFOLD!!

View attachment 213652View attachment 213653

I'm not much of a magazine subscriber kinda, guy but IMHO this publication is pretty worthwhile.

You must be talking about Randy, eh? He's a fine photographer indeed.

I've owned by 2007 WK 4x4 CRD for six years now and aside from an upper ball joint assembly completely failing at highway speeds (very fortunate the end result wasn't worse than it was), I'd say the WK is a highly underrated platform for overlanding and adventure. Oh, and by the way, my WK was the focus of the Big Bend article in the above referenced magazine for the first issue. :)

kf4zht

Joining the WK crowd. Picked up a 07 CRD with just under 100K on it a month ago. Already done the GDE tune, catching up on maint and have the DPF pipe ready to install. Found a line on some wrangler take offs, not the best but they will get me a little more clearance.

Trying to figure out a bumper. The hidden winch doesn't look like it will fit with the intercooler. Also want some kind of gear rack for the back

JPFreek1

Explorer
For the bumper I'm actually using the stock bumper and installed a 4xGuard Matrix system with the 2" hitch receiver in the front so I can mount a portable Warn XD9000i winch. I like this option because I can remove the winch when it's not in use, and I have separate power in the back of my vehicle to power the winch in case I need to mount it back there while on the trail.

I'm also using a BajaRack Mule up top for gear and for protection, I've got 4xGuard rocker panels as well as 4xGuard front/rear/belly skids.

Timgco

Adventurer
I traded my well built 2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon for a 2010 WK S-Limited. Needed more long distance comfort and towing capacity. Just recently started building it up for Expo/mild off road/daily driver use. Pic is as it stood before the holiday road trip. Just had a bumper made. Next is getting it powder coated, adding a winch, and a few more lights. Still haven't decided how I'm going to carry all the gear and provisions or how to mount my ARB fridge.

ryzavyze.jpg

Did you run spacers with those wheels? what did you do to the suspension?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior