DSC01794.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 126
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Hey Blue!

Nice to see you back around.

Let me know how you like it!

Do they really break a lot?

I was actually checking those out online yesterday. You can find them about 6 years old or more with under 60K miles for under $10,000.

I'm getting pretty tired of my Toyota 3.0 engine woes! ....and those Disco's look so comfy!

bluerunner

Adventurer
It's good to be back SWR!!!

I really got fed up with my 3.0 headaches and the Disco is alot more comfy!

:jump:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

bluerunner said:
It's good to be back SWR!!!

I really got fed up with my 3.0 headaches and the Disco is alot more comfy!

:jump:

OH!.........

So I'm NOT alone with the 3.0 woes!

I feel SO much better now!.....LOL:rolleyes: :p

I wish somebody had told me about this engine BEFORE I bought my truck!

Don't get me wrong! I LOVE my truck! It's the perfect size.....and fits me well! I LOVE IT!

I just wish I could put a more reliable engine in it.....preferably a diesel! Or at last resort.....just ditch it!....hehe:Wow1:

But if I just ditch it.....the panic attacks might set in!......LOL:eek:

I got you PM the other day....thanks....just didn't have time to answer right at that moment.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Very nice looking Disco. I hope you'll keep us informed on any modifications.

That 3-liter was just not Toyota's best engine. The 3.4 swap is becoming a common remedy.

CLynn85

Explorer
Congratulations!!! Looks like you're already out having fun with it. Any plans?

As for the 3.0 woes, were the 22RE's not available in the 4-runner?

bluerunner

Adventurer
Thanks everyone,

I love her so much and I plan to come up with a nice CDL option and either a 3'' Rovertym or 3'' OME kit, a Jotto desk and my laptop to run maps and music and wireless.

Opinions on the rims???

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Greenrover.JPG
    Greenrover.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 2rovers.JPG
    2rovers.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 71

CLynn85

Explorer
I think the black wheels look fine, would prolly paint the lugs too or get regular lugs so they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Pretty color on the disco.

Is that just a random series you parked next to or your own?

Scott Brady

Founder
What year is the disco? 2001 and prior allows for the CDL retrofit. Later requires additional cost, but still feasible through a company in NM.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Very nice Disco. That color is great, and it looks good with the black wheels. Good job and congrats.:clapsmile

bluerunner

Adventurer
Thanks Datrupr,

I decided to keep the stock rims but I like them to match the rest of the trim, will probably go with the 285/65-18 all terrain unless anyone has any other sugg's.

Scott- it's a 2000 and I have seen a few different ideas for the CDL but not quite sure which to go with, what did you use? I watched the videos of your old one and I see that it is now a must to have it completed before our trip to Durango.

CLynn- The 22R motors were offered and the 3.4 swap is a growing mod, but the 22 will remain for the purist I guess.

J Hanson- Thanks for your kudos! I also got a chance to finally meet Jake at our local parts store and discuss some plans and ideas for front and rear bumpers and sliders.What an awesome guy with a great talent, hope his ventures go well!

:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz