Aluminum Propane Tank / Bracket Solution...

Skillet

Adventurer
Looking for a bracket to mount my Worthington aluminum 10lb propane tank on the side of my trailer. Forgive me if some information exists, but I searched here and in the storage forum to no avail.

The tank is 10.3" in diameter and 16" high. The height is not an issue, but I am encountering great difficulty finding the right sized straps for the odd sized tank.

Most steel 10lb tanks are 9" in diameter and Adventure Trailer makes a bracket for those tanks; the website says something about 10.5" max diameter, but the wording in the description is not clear:

From the website:

"The bracket and cylinder combined weight is 17 lbs.(7.7 Kg) and it is 18" tall (457mm) with a maximum diameter of 10.5"(267mm)."

Are they talking about the diameter of the tank and bracket together or how large the actual tank straps go?

I called AT and they just said they would get back to me.

If I had the ability to fab one up I would, but I simply don't have the time or tools.

Is anyone currently using this bracket who could get me a measurement?

Any help here or other suggestions for mounting the tank would be a great help.

jays0n

Adventurer
I have an Adventure Trailers tank bracket on the way that should be here Saturday, if you don't get your numbers by then I'd be happy to measure and post the max diameter for you.

jim65wagon

We have two of those Worthington Aluminum 10 lb tanks. The only bracket I found that would fit was located in Australia and the shipping was too much to make it worthwhile. My wife wound up designing lockers to carry the tanks in.

They mount onto the running boards of our teardrop trailer

If you really want a bracket you'll have to find a fabricator and have a custom one made.

jays0n

Adventurer
I think I misread your post, I just received a 5lb tank and bracket from Adventure Trailers, no way that one's gonna fit your tank. If you pull the spring out of the clamp you only get about 1/2" of additional tank radius capacity.

grogie

Like to Camp
I'm bring back this old thread as I just bought a Worthington Aluminum 10 lb tank and I'm also looking for a bracket. Any updates? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier