Leaking master cylinder, anything else I should knock out at the same time?

New User Name

Observer
Hi all,

So after a fairly sudden loss of braking capacity, I had my truck looked at while I was getting wheels and tires mounted today, and the verdict was twofold:

1) The master cylinder is leaking.

2) The left rear axle (bearing? seal?) is leaking onto the rotor.

So on Monday I'll be talking to my local independent LR mechanic to get this stuff fixed. I'm going to have the brake lines replaced for sure, as I probably should have done when the lift was installed, is there anything else I should be looking to do while the brake system is torn apart?

Javelinadave

Adventurer
Hi all,

So after a fairly sudden loss of braking capacity, I had my truck looked at while I was getting wheels and tires mounted today, and the verdict was twofold:

1) The master cylinder is leaking.

2) The left rear axle (bearing? seal?) is leaking onto the rotor.

So on Monday I'll be talking to my local independent LR mechanic to get this stuff fixed. I'm going to have the brake lines replaced for sure, as I probably should have done when the lift was installed, is there anything else I should be looking to do while the brake system is torn apart?

For those of us who are NOT mind readers, what model and year vehicle are you talking about? Also, what motor, tranny, miles on the vehicle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior