Tent Air Conditioner

bender19

HI all, I currently have a 19ft camper trailer that i pull with a 03 Tacoma double cab. I only live a couple hours from the mountains in Alberta. I want to build a adventure trailer as my camper trailer is a bit much for my truck when i start getting into the big hills. I have tented lots before and it's no problem for me. I want to add some sort of AC unit because when it gets really warm my daughter has a hard time sleeping and is very uncomfortable. I've searched and have not been able to find anything. Does anyone have or know of a unit that will work for a tent application? I have the ability to use any type of power source.

kb7our

Explorer

I have one NIB pulled from packaging to be inspected, plugged in, and tested to confirm everything works but never installed or used beyond this. All original packaging and remote. Will post under for sale section soon for $425 pick up in Phoenix. This is very low power consumption which is one of the major differences from the less expensive window units. PM before I post in for sale if seriously interested. Plans to use it changed so no need at this time.

SoCal Tom

Explorer
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=44561

This is essentially a homemade version of the climate right. If you use a cheap window A/C unit , with a remote thermostat this could be easy to do. However, I would probably pick one of the portable stand alone units. Depending on the size of your tent, the climate right might be undersized. A large tent with no insulation would seem create a bigger load for the system. You also need to factor in the capacity of your generator.
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior