Grape Solar Fridge/Freezer

afbond03

Adventurer
I have recently decided a Fridge might be in my near future so of course I have been combing through Amazon and the threads here comparing and all that jazz. I would like to stay below $550 so the ARB and Engle are out. I recently came acorss a Grape Solar Glacier 1.1 for $529. Unfortunately I am not seeing alot of user information on it and was wondering if anyone had any experience with thier products, they seem to be quite the solar supplier.
The demensions seem to put it a little bit smaller than some of the other ones I've come across, since I drive a JK that might be a good thing space wise. I see myself only going out 2-4 days at a time so would think that even this smaller fridge would probably still hold what I need it to.
If anyone has any information on these fridges I would greatly appreciate the information.
The other fridge I've been looking at is the Whynter 65 quart(It is cheaper than the 45 quart.)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECOLFLI/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3GM9X9R8U8TP6

I know Fridge topics have been beat to death on here but I didn't come across anything on this particular model.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Looks interesting.
Like you I wasn't able to find any reviews of it either. It is sold through Home Depot (order and ship to store or home) so you could buy it there and then try it out and if it doesn't live up to your expectations return it.
After further looking around I found a rating of 3.08 amps @12v. Which is about 35% more than an Engel 45.
http://www.earthtechproducts.com/glacier-1-1.html

Darrell

Last edited:

afbond03

Adventurer
Yea, that might not be a terrible idea.
The Whynter looks to pull 2.75amps @12v so that is about the same as the Edgestar, which these are said to be the same. Not sure if I want to give up that much space in the JK. I guess I could always toss it in the trailer I am building instead.

Last edited:

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Keep an eye out for a used ARB. It's awesome....a little pricey. Wife was excited about price at first but she loves it now. I was sold on the efficiency. I run my ARB 50 qt full time in my 4runner on my ome battery and haven't had issues yet.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I have used there solar products for a few years with excellent results and customer service. As for there fridge cant say.

I personally use there thin (.12") 100watt panel to power my Waeco fridge.

Attachments

• IMG_7362.jpg
    IMG_7362.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz