New FWC Model available

kcowyo

ExPo Original
There is a new model Four Wheel Camper currently in production for mid-size trucks.

The new model is a 6' model and will be marketed towards owners of mid-size crew cabs with the 5' foot bed like the d-cab Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Colorado and Nissan Frontier. It will also be a great match for ext. cab Tacomas, Ford Rangers, Dodge Dakotas, Frontiers and Mazdas. Previously FWC offered the 5' Falcon model for double cabs and a 6.5' Eagle model. The latest model, dubbed in house as the "Feagle" seeks to fill the gap between their two current choices.

The Feagle, floor plan and layout is similar to the 6.5' Eagle model but minus the 6 inch gap between the galley cabinet and the front wall. It features a slightly larger couch than the Falcon, more of a true two seater. Other options include a two burner stove, 14 gallon water tank, sink, 3 way fridge, heater and Arctic Pack.

One has already been shipped overseas and they have orders for a few more. I was fortunate enough to receive some in-shop pictures of the new model which may eventually be renamed the 'Finch'. Further information is not yet available on their website but you can contact their sales department directly for more details and specs.

First pics of the new FWC 6' model -
New+Feagle+Camper+6.jpg

New+Feagle+Camper+2.jpg

New+Feagle+Camper+4.JPG

New+Feagle+Camper+3.JPG

New+Feagle+Camper+1.jpg

New+Feagle+Camper+5.JPG

New+Feagle+Camper+7.JPG

Scott Brady

Founder
It is an awesome camper. 4WC is fully committed to expedition travel, so look for some cool developments in the next few years. A great company. My first experience with a 4WC this last weekend was more than impressive.

Look for a full review in the summer or fall issue of Overland Journal.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Must... resist... aargh!...

If I can ever figure out a way to keep our dirty dogs from destroying the interior this would be a no-brainer.

kcowyo- Thanks for the good FWC info (as usual).

njtaco

Explorer
HMR said:
If I can ever figure out a way to keep our dirty dogs from destroying the interior this would be a no-brainer.

Neoprene slip covers?

I have a not-so-secret wish to find one of these (FWC or ATC) on the east coast for dirt cheap...my wife is almost sold on the idea. These are hundreds of pounds lighter than the competition...and the build quality reports...:REExeSquatsHL1:

I guess I'll just :lurk: and :peepwall: and :drool: until one falls in my lap...:violent-smiley-031:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
The bottom cushion is removed in those photos.

The whole back pulls up and out, folding foward. The back cushion locks in place halfway over. It joins the bottom cushion to make the lower bunk.

oly884 has some very nice interior pics to illustrate how it works in his Eagle model -

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

Dave

Explorer
I wrote to FWC to see if I could get a few details on the Finch. It will be 70" long at the base, but the overhang will not need to be supported by a tail gate when used with a 5' bed. It will also be bolted in (vs. turnbuckles), like the Falcon.

Pricing and options will be the same as the Eagle.

Last edited:

Four Wheel Tom

Howdy all..

Yes we can do the bolt down, but we can also use the exterior turnbuckles with either happijac "buttons" or Torklift frame mount bracket if available for your truck. The challenge involves Tacoma composite bed, and/or wheel wells meeting the front wall of the truck bed.

Bolt down is very secure, but harder to deal with... exterior is easy to work with, but more exterior hardware... it's a balncing act, folks !

thanks for your interest...

Tom at Four Wheel

p.s. Hey, TacoDoc... what branch, rate, and time frame... tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke