A little something I have been working on...

60Dan

Explorer
Dan, the kit I build has a dimmer switch incorporated into the system so you wouldn't need to add too many layers per se, but dim it down to your preferred lumen level output and there you go.

I like the red electrical tape idea. Looks like it works really well!

Yeah the dimmers are handy for sure. Ive found the red really helps with your night vision.

Just checked out your website, nice looking kit you've put together

Workhorse

Observer
Thanks for the compliments Dan, very kind of you. I am exploring the red "filter/cover" option for my system. It seems like there is certainly some demand for it. I hadn't thought of it initially but understand its benefits. Good stuff.

Do you have a tent on your trailer currently?

Workhorse

Observer
Brentbba,

Here are some specifics from post #2:

"A little more information about what went into my light system on my RTT...

I built a main harness that comes into the tent at the "fulcrum point" where the tent pivots at. From there the harness splits with one tangent going up the center support pole and over to an enclosed water proof LED light that is attached (semi-permanently) to the crossbar with clips. The other tangent of harness goes toward the door/entrance where an on/off/dimmer switch is located. The power source can either be hard wired to your battery or plugged into a power point using the cigarette lighter adapter.

The LED lights used produce 400 Lumens per 18" section which is the size of light that is in my tent (Eezi-Awn Series 3 1200) in the pictures. I believe that a 12" length LED would be more than sufficient for a tent this size. There is minimal power draw, about 6oo milliamps per 18" long section of LED light. The wire harness is assembled using a sonic wire welding process to maintain maximum continuity. The wires are wrapped in protective loom from start to finish. A weatherproof Deutsch Tech connector is used for the outside of the tent connection (to power source). The on/off/dimmer switch I use is one that operates from touch. Touch it and it turns on. Touch it again and it turns off. Touch it on and then hold it to gradually light up or dim down the lights. Touch again and it turns off. It needs human touch much like an ipod or smart phone to work. It is pretty neat really."

The LED lamp assembly (along with the entire rest of the light system kit I produce) is manufactured and assembled locally here in Colorado. My website has more photos and more specific details: www.tank7products.com

I hope that helps answer your question. Let me know if I can help with anything else and thanks for the interest!

Ross-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94