Edgestar vs Koldfront 43qt

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
From the pictures, it seems the Koldfront lacks the digital temperature control of the Edgestar, using a knob instead.

That'd be a major knock, in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sstan

I had a Edgestar and sold it to get a smaller one and bought the 43 qt. Koldfront. It is made by Edgestar. It does have a knob to set the temperature which I like better than the digital controller that the Edgestar had. The Edgestar had to be reset every time it was powered up. I typically disconnect from power at night to conserve my battery. With the Koldfront and the knob once you get it dialed in it always goes to the right temperature once I reconnect it to power.

4x4junkie

Explorer
I had a Edgestar and sold it to get a smaller one and bought the 43 qt. Koldfront. It is made by Edgestar. It does have a knob to set the temperature which I like better than the digital controller that the Edgestar had. The Edgestar had to be reset every time it was powered up. I typically disconnect from power at night to conserve my battery. With the Koldfront and the knob once you get it dialed in it always goes to the right temperature once I reconnect it to power.

I've never once had to reset my Edgestar, even after being unplugged for over a month. It always powers up set to the 35° setting I keep it at.

One thing for sure, the Koldfront unit's black color is sure to absorb a lot more radiant heat from it's surroundings than the light gray of the Edgestar, causing it to run more (repainting it a bright white would help)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior