Chequamegon 2007
Driving the train:
BGfireroadjpg.jpg

The track summer 2007:
035small.jpg

Just a few for now.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
These are some great pics, sounds like a lot of you guys have the bug right now.. :) I have it full bore currently, except we are buried under feet and feet of snow right now...

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Funrover said:
LOL Never noticed that!

Here are a few more!
IMG_9077.jpg

IMG_9076.jpg
Great pics. I envy your riding areas. The elevation would take some getting used to though!!

SOAZ

dieselcruiserhead said:
These are some great pics, sounds like a lot of you guys have the bug right now.. :) I have it full bore currently, except we are buried under feet and feet of snow right now...

:roost:
I'll be jealous when riding becomes dangerous to ones health in mid summer at 110 degrees in the shade, but for now, its nice to be in the desert! :peepwall:

TeleScooby

Adventurer
SOAZ said:
:roost:
I'll be jealous when riding becomes dangerous to ones health in mid summer at 110 degrees in the shade, but for now, its nice to be in the desert! :peepwall:

And right there you have the reason I'm still in the NW! Anything above 65 feels like heatstroke waiting to happen for me...

SOAZ

TeleScooby said:
And right there you have the reason I'm still in the NW! Anything above 65 feels like heatstroke waiting to happen for me...
I'm the polar, excuse the pun, opposite.
Its 75 today and a bit chilly to me. 80-100 is the sweet spot. :):elkgrin:

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
OK yes I am jealous.. . Arizona must be just killer in the Fall/Winter/Springs, sure sounds like it :) My memories are mostly of 108 at night last time I rolled through :)

SOAZ

dieselcruiserhead said:
OK yes I am jealous.. . Arizona must be just killer in the Fall/Winter/Springs, sure sounds like it :) My memories are mostly of 108 at night last time I rolled through :)
Thats when it becomes time to night ride. :)
It gets down to a chilly 90 at night. brrrr.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
dieselcruiserhead said:

Hey Andre, I'm going to be out in Park City mid April for our spring meetings. Would be awesome to catch up with you and grab a brew, maybe check out your garage and projects. I'm thinking of spending a week down in Moab before heading up there, trying to get some riding in. You heading down that way at all around that time?

gearguywb

Explorer
If you guys get out to Asheville...w. NC. area give me a shout. Lots of great riding between Bent Creek, Pigah and Dupont.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Sure & yes to all the the above! :)

upcruiser said:
Hey Andre, I'm going to be out in Park City mid April for our spring meetings. Would be awesome to catch up with you and grab a brew, maybe check out your garage and projects. I'm thinking of spending a week down in Moab before heading up there, trying to get some riding in. You heading down that way at all around that time?

Funrover

Expedition Leader
SOAZ said:
Great pics. I envy your riding areas. The elevation would take some getting used to though!!

Something tells me you'd quickly get used to it! LOL I just can't do your high heat, it'd kill me!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Here's a helmet cam single track here in SoCal i shot.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d3uEhJljHFk

Going waaay back to like 1996. Racing NORBA with my GT Zaskar hard tail and oldschool Rockshox.

bigbearbikeracing2dj7.jpg

Every single neighbor in our couldesac rode. We all got each other into it. Pretty cool. I even got my dad into it. I will never forget the first time i took him out and he laid on the ground saying how the last hill just kicked his *** and his man ********** were shaking so bad he could hardly see.

bigbearbikeracing32ng7.jpg

We rode biked too. And he got in bitchen shape.
breathlessagony106jpghj1.jpg

breathlessagony165jpgez5.jpg

Then one morning i received a phone call that he was mountain biking back behind our house and had a heart attack. He died riding. He died doing what he loved. He was 53. We all could not believe it.

This weekend i'll be heading out to MTB ride. I'll be riding his bike. Proudly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier