nikon 159.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 4
  • nikon 164.jpg
    nikon 164.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 3

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Hltoppr said:
I've done just about 4000 miles of "expedition biking" this summer, down Baja to Mulege, and then up the West coast of Mexico and another trip from Flagstaff to Chaco Canyon New Mexico, Silverton Colorado and Hovenweep Nat.Mon. in Utah.....

Yea baby!! :victory:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I'm on a 22 month countdown to paying off my student loans....then it'll only get worse!

....or better, from my point of view!

-H-

:victory:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
BTW, the pics of the yamahas Goodtimes posted in my XR sale thread are a couple of Brits traveling around the world, Lew & Anita!

I met them in San Ignacio and hung out, kayaking, drinking and BSing in and around Mulege for a few days! Great folks!

Their web site is www.yamaroundtheworld.com

-H-

Attachments

• BikesSantaRosalia.jpg
    BikesSantaRosalia.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN4112.jpg
    DSCN4112.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN4114.jpg
    DSCN4114.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN4548.jpg
    DSCN4548.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 1,463

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Hltoppr said:
As for the LWR DVD....I broke down and ordered one. It kicks ******! BTW...it will play on older DVD players (like mine) or on an XBox or computer DVD player.

I ordered mine directly from the LWR website....cost about $40.00 with shipping and worth every penny.

-H-

I've been patiently waiting for the US version. Why the hell does the US have a different version DVD than the rest of the world anyway?? I'm almost ready to break down and buy the Pal format and watch it on my computer at work! Glad to hear you liked it, I'm really looking forward to it.

By the way, here is the website if anyone is interested: Long Way Round

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Cool!

A few years ago, Ursidae69 and I ran into a couple named Simon and Monika in Baja - riding BMWs. R1150GS I believe. They were from Europe and working on the BMW Ultimate Adventure and Guinness World Records - not sure what ever happened, their website - www.spiritsofadventure.com - doesn't seem to be working.

Here is a pic I snapped...

L_PICT0179.jpg

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
BajaTaco said:
Cool!

A few years ago, Ursidae69 and I ran into a couple named Simon and Monika in Baja - riding BMWs. R1150GS I believe.
L_PICT0179.jpg

The far bike is an 1150 GS. The closer bike isn't. 1150's have direct drive and not chains. The closer bike looks like an f650, but I'm not positive.

Hey, by the way... Brad and Angelina are BMW riders! Brad has a glorious 1150 GSA. http://www.worldofbmw.com/content/article.asp?article=333&artDate=27/09/2005 :victory:

Pete

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
mountainpete said:
The far bike is an 1150 GS. The closer bike isn't. 1150's have direct drive and not chains. The closer bike looks like an f650, but I'm not positive.

Ur guud ;) I looked it up:

BMW R1150GS Simon
BMW F650GS Monika

Attachments

• FJ5.jpg
    FJ5.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 2

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
...help, I have a sickness....

I really like this...for a new expedition bike...perfect for baja, with a sidecar drive option!

New Ural "Gear-Up"

-H-
:D

Attachments

• UralGearUp.jpg
    UralGearUp.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 89

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
expeditionswest said:
What is the realistic range of a BMW 650? Realistic city mileage?

Depends on how you ride it. It it's loaded down and you ride like it's stolen you will probably only do 50 - 55MPG (compared to a Tacoma the word "only" isn't right is it?). If your right hand is light and you do mostly highway speed, you could get over 70 MPG.

In the city, you will probably get between 150 - 180 miles before your reserve light comes on. That's with spirited city riding. On the highway, over 210 miles is not uncommon.

Some additional info here: http://faq.f650.com/GSFAQs/FuelTankFAQGS.htm#Whats the average GS Gas Mileage

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94