my hunting and family outing rig

JamesW

Adventurer
I think you've just convinced me to paint my rims black from you pictures. That is a beautiful Montero you have there

tlr

Adventurer
Thank You.

I'm looking for locking hubs if anyone has them for sale. Also need driver door power switch cover in grey.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Thank You.

I'm looking for locking hubs if anyone has them for sale. Also need driver door power switch cover in grey.
One of the guys is selling Chinese made ones. Many have had good luck with them but a couple have had issues. Worth the gamble IMHO if you can't find a set. I have a set of Aisin's for mine but I won't be selling them until I no longer drive Montero's.:Wow1:

tlr

Adventurer
Got her all leveled out today.

IMG_20140323_111922_952.jpg

Have some steering parts on the way. Little vibration in the front.

tlr

Adventurer
Thanks. Its a blaupunkt Toronto 420 BT. I got an install kit to hook it up to the factory infinity sound system. Sounds really good. Need to get an external mic as the radio sits so low in the truck its hard for people to hear me.

mapper

Explorer
Looks great!

I love my older Blaupunkt stereos (mid-2000s) due to superior sound quality. Let me know how the sound quality is on that Toronto because I've been considering picking one up.

Also, what dash kit did you use for the install? Previous owner of my rig replaced the head unit but left the single CD in that place and I would really like to have it available for storage of stuff. Thanks!

tlr

Adventurer
I got the stereo and kit from crutchfield it sounds great. Had to get a mic for the blue tooth as people said it sounded like I was in a tunnel. Its also got an SD card slot plus front and rear USB ports. Plus 5 channel out which worked great in my Montero with the infinity system. Its a lot of stereo for the money I think.

Jay Ayala

Explorer
Hey tlr,
I'm sorry man but I have to ask. Did you paint the whole rig? Or just portions of it. I have been wanting to do some body work and repaint and re-stripe the Raider. I'm curious what and how you did it.

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L

tlr

Adventurer
Jay. I just painted the lower half. I used bed liner, then painted over it with charcoal paint and a matte clear. Came out kinda cool as it has texture to it.

Reactions: lev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles