my hunting and family outing rig

tlr

Adventurer
You could check with ADD I'm not sure when they'll build more bumpers. Arb makes one but super expensive. You could also try and modify one to fit from another similar sized vehicle. There are a couple write ups on here of guys using Cherokee and Land cruiser bumpers.

F15DOC

I went to ARB webiste, no bumper for the 2.5 that I could find.... are you sure?
Did ADD make a batch of them at one time?
Lastly, thanks for the lead, I will do some forum searches on retrofitting other bumpers!

tlr

Adventurer
I think you'd have to call an arb dealer and get a quote. Maybe http://www.sierraexpeditions.com can help... I know ADD did a batch run and I'm not sure if their going to do another, I would just email and ask them. They are really great people and can point you in the right direction.

tlr

Adventurer
Built a roof rack and installed a topper. Turned out great and surprisingly no wind noise.

Attachments

• IMG_20170828_143310.jpg
    IMG_20170828_143310.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 34

tlr

Adventurer
Well I have successfully converted my Cali emissions Montero to federal emissions and I've only got one cat on the montero. No check engine lights and it's running great. I've put about 15k on it since the conversion and I'm currently getting 20mpg's on the highway. I'm not 100 percent sure if it would pass emissions the way it is as we don't do testing where I live. So what I've done is use the y pipe from a 95 Montero as there are no cats in the y. I installed a high flow cat down stream where the original was and moved the down stream O2 sensor after the cat. I also changed out the ECU to a federal one same year as my truck. I've got a scan tool in my rig to watch both O2 sensors and fuel injector trims plus other data live. As far as I can tell everything is functioning as it should. I checked numbers before and after the change all is well. Just wanted to give y'all some options as it's nice only having one cat and 2 O2 sensors. Be advised use at your own risk as I'm not sure if my setup would pass emissions.

zerodrift

Adventurer
What did you end up using for the paint? Looks like a bed liner of sorts. Close up pictures?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

tlr

Adventurer
Went turkey hunting over the weekend. Was allot of fun. Was 30 degrees at night though. Still had some snow on the ground in spots. Called in this little guy for some reason. Guess he was curious... IMG_20180424_103435.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles