Belafonte Reboot....Ambulance to 4x4 Camper Conversion

patoz

Expedition Leader
I'm just wondering how long it will be before Photobucket finds another way to block the pictures, making the workarounds useless.

It seems to me like there should be some way to sue them for 'Breach of Contract', or something similar. Even though they offered the hosting service for free, they made their money by selling ads and then forcing us to view them. So, technically the service wasn't free.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
She's for-sale fellas, in the Expo members for-sale forum. Time for something new but one thing I dont have is New Space, so something has to make way. Actually a few somethings! Too much stuff. :(

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Did you ever get to camp in it, or just work on it?

Oh yeah. I did the Expo twice and have done some local excursions. If I still have it there's one towards the end of this month. It's an invite only thing and I believe there's going to be a writer/photog (?) from some off road rag there.

It beats the livin snot out of sleeping in a tent, roof top or otherwise, and I dig it quite a bit. My biggest problem is space now. I like it, but I want to do something new and I dont have the room. Just here at the house I have the Ambo, the big honkin camper we were in in Florida, my dually F350, my wifes soccer van, and my Tacoma. Still stored at my old shop is a Unimog, a Jeep J20 truck, and my CJ7.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Just FYI Tom,

00H0H_cA6NBkBQAYg_600x450.jpg

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-ford-350-4x4/6390643801.html

It was shown on U-Joint's page, but it doesn't belong to Chris. It does have all U-Joint parts on it though.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I may go that route in the future, but for now I think I'm going to put my CJ back together, finish my Jeep truck, and FINALLY get my Unimog on the road.

patoz

Expedition Leader
If I had the extra money, I'd jump on that van and use it as my tow vehicle for my ambo/camper, but I've got to put a new roof on my house in the next 30 days, plus some other home repairs also.

Always something getting in the way...! :mad:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Hey Tom. You've been MIA for quite a while.

UNIMOG rolling? Sell Bellafonte?

Eric

Yep, it’s gone. Living out in Colorado now. Regretted it almost instantly. The Unimpg is the last project on my vehicle project list. I got my CJ moved into my detached but have yet to do any serious work to it. Seems like there is always another honey-do or some damn thing in the way.

FDM2012

Adventurer
That sucks. I wasn't ready and able to make it to EXPO last year, but might try this time.
Was hoping to kick some tires and shoot the ********.

You making it to Ft Wilderness again this summer?

Yep, it’s gone. Living out in Colorado now. Regretted it almost instantly. The Unimpg is the last project on my vehicle project list. I got my CJ moved into my detached but have yet to do any serious work to it. Seems like there is always another honey-do or some damn thing in the way.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
That sucks. I wasn't ready and able to make it to EXPO last year, but might try this time.
Was hoping to kick some tires and shoot the ****.

You making it to Ft Wilderness again this summer?

Nope, not going to make the Fort this year, and that sucks. It’s one of my favorite places to stay. We spent 5he entire summer there last year and I hated leaving. I sold my business and some real estate as a sale of opportunity. A buyer popped up and I took it and pretty much took a year off just to putz about, but.... we still have 2 kids in middle school and I don’t want to move them, all of which means we are stuck here for another 6 yrs or so. I did some math and figured out that to stay “retired” I’d be looking at dumping around $100K over that time period just for health insurance and related costs. Screw that noise! So..went back to work where someone else can worry about all that annoying crap like customers, employees, banks and lawyers, and paying my health insurance premiums. Plus I can stuff some more into the nest egg over that period. The down side is I’m losing the freedom of going where we want when we want, but I’m saving $100K plus wages over that time so I figureI can deal. :).

But once kids graduate and head off to college somewhere it’s game on!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Hey Mod(s), what happened to all my photo links? I know photobucket pulled some underhanded crap and busted everybodies links, but they were still here. Now all I see is " [/URL][/IMG]" where there used to be a complete link to the photo on photobucket. They finally got their heads out of their ******** and offered some fairly reasonable pricing. I pulled the trigger expecting all my photos here to become active again, but....... [/URL][/IMG]. What the dillio man? Am I going to have to go back through and manually redo allllll those freakin photo links?

Coachgeo

Explorer
image in https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...-to-4x4-camper-conversion.123061/post-2298434 post works still infact all pics on that page work (73) Hope that helps you diagnose the issue.

IMHO. go back thru (so sorry you will need to) and upload all the pics to this board..... no longer store pics anywhere but your own hard drive(s) and/or cloud and NEVER host pics placed in a post ever again. Always upload them on the bulletin board where you are posting . Once you fix your threads pics here.......then tell photobucket....... to suck it and cancel your account. BTW.... over last 25 yrs have NEVER seen a pic hosting sight that does not eventually do something like photobucket did..... or just shut down the service completly. Next one that is going to fux over millions is going to be tapatalk... I gurantee it. Most do not even know that when they use them ...... there pics are hosted by tapatalk and NOT uploaded to the bulletin board like they think

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
If you use Google Chrome, install this one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

If you use Firefox, install this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?hotlinkfix=1507762307794

I don't know of any for Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, or anything for Apple Products, but I'm sure there are probably some out there or on the way. You may have to just search for them.

Tom, I can still see your pictures, do you still have the Extension for your browser installed, and if so is it enabled? If not, clear your history and reinstall the Extension and try again.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Tom, I can still see your pictures, do you still have the Extension for your browser installed, and if so is it enabled? If not, clear your history and reinstall the Extension and try again.
Pat .... like you I can see page 73 pics..... but for example... Pg 63 pic is as Tom notes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier