What do you consider to be the best cookware kit?

slowtwitch

Adventurer
We've had the old MSR stainless nesting pots and pan/lid for years. Will outlast us.. if you do a double boiler setup you can cook damn near anything well and not torch the pots/pan. Little bit of water in the big pot, small pot nests in, food into that. Or pan on top of a pot with water boiling in it.

Ditto for cooking on a jetboil.

billiebob

Single guy with a trailer and Jeep towing, space and weight are not an issue.... garage sales are the best bang for the buck.
Garage sale back packing stuff is like stealing it, But cook ware weight is not an issue when the unit weighs 6000#.

If weight is an issue, pre cook everything and just reheat it, this was my mountaineering diet. If fuel consumption is an issue but you love food cooked fresh, get a wok, a big burner and cook chinese food. There is no faster way to cook great fresh food.

Last edited:

TwinStick

Explorer
We have a Stanley Base Camp nesting cookset. We like it a lot. They have since came out with an Even Temp cookset but it doesn't have plates.

I like it because everything stores in the strongest pot & protects all the rest. I took the box it came in & reinforced it with duct tape to make it stand up to the rigors of travel. Should easily last my lifetime. Mine was $80. The Even Temp is $135.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles