Fun At Home With LEDs

PaintRock

Adventurer
My 2003 Tundra recently suffered some fairly significant electro-mechanical failures. The little green light that is supposed to come on when the shifter is shifted into drive, stopped illuminating. I was quite perplexed and troubled when this happened. I didn't know if I should immediately trade the vehicle, perhaps try to sell it to some unsuspecting buyer, or just continue to drive in its semi-functional state... To make matters worse, I began checking for other electro-mechanical failures and realized the lamp which is solely responsible for the illumination of the glove compartment had completely ceased to function as well.

Luckily, I was able to find replacement LED lamps online and for the grand total of US$5.47 ($2.99 was shipping), I was able to repair this vehicle and I am continuing to utilize it.

My main goal with this post is for those whose Gen1 Tundras have suffered similar malfunctions, will realize their vehicles can be salvaged.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
I had a similar problem. The diverter on the hvac stopped diverting. To make matters worse, it was stuck on floor heat and winter was upon me. The warranty had just run out, and I feared the unit would be too expensive and difficult to replace. After a week or so, I found the cable had slipped out of the bracket. It took a PH2 and 6 minutes on the floor of the truck. Tragedy averted ( or diverted)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior