The "Hot Lap" Exploring Australia

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
After our repairs were completed, we struck out in a South West direction heading to Stanthorpe to take in the Grape and Apple festival. We would be making a stop in Warwick to catch up with some old co workers along the way.

Everything was booked up in the Stanthorpe area due to the festival but we headed to the Girraween National Park further out of town. Quiet, nice facilities and we could even take in a bit of the trails in this park. We found an interesting German couple travelling in a very well set up IVECO vehicle.

P1030309_zps6989a5e4.jpg

Some of the places they had travelled to date, impressive…

P1030310_zps78857a73.jpg

Can you say Overlanding vehicle envy…

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
We took the opportunity to enjoy a bit of fresh air and give our leg muscles a workout. We also move a bit slower along the trails as we carry our daughter. It was a great day. We even saw this little guy along the track.

He's a geco from Stanthorp’s Girraween National Park

P1030327_zps53a845f5.jpg

Rumpig

Adventurer
Tell me you climbed The Pyramid whilst at Girraween please....some spectacular views from the top there, the same with Bald Rock not too far down the road from there.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Then go check out Boonoo Boonoo Nat park that has a great water fall and a good camp site.
All that area had sum unreal views and being "Brass Monkey " weather great time for sum nice camp fires.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
We are currently in NT but we lived in Brisbane for a bit. During that time we explored Girraween and Boonoo Boonoo. Some great parks in South Eadt QLD. The weather here is not really "brass monkey" but getting close to it. Lows if 16 deg C at night. I must be getting soft.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Well, life has a way of throwing curve balls at you when you least expect it. We've seen some country but our plans have changed. I do promise to add more photos and updates to this thread as time permits. :sombrero:
Cheers,
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz