Waeco drawer fridge

Whs

I'm looking to put together a chuck box for my pathfinder. I was leaning towards an arb fridge as they seem like the best performance. I recently learned of escape campervans (pictured below) and they use some sort of a drawer fridge. The drawer really makes the space useable. Closest I can find is the waeco cd-30dcw. The waeco uses the same compressor as the arb (danfoss bd35f). I'm wondering if anyone has good experience with these fridges.

Thanks, Willimage.jpg

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Nice looking set up.
I don't like the drawer design tho. Once you open it all of the cold air is going to just fall right out. If you or the kids get in and out of it a lot it is really going to put a dent in your battery.
The design doesn't look as space efficient as a top load style either. The pic you posted makes the fridge look really small. You can cram more stuff in a top loader as well since you don't have to worry about sliding the drawer open and items falling out or falling between the drawer and sides on top of the drawer slides.
Being able to open it with junk piled on top sure is a plus tho. As long as you won't need to get into it from inside the vehicle.

Darrell

Last edited:

blvdking

Observer
I agree that fridge looks like a great idea but very small and inefficient. An ARB on a slider would be much better.

Whs

I kind of agree with what you're saying. The height of the arb was a concern, but I can work with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz