Aftermarket window install question

I've posted this on another forum but this may be a better place. This is a question for any of you that have installed your own windows. I'm getting ready to do my awning window install in a E350 cargo van now that the weather is changing. The windows (CRL FW904RS) have a foam gasket already attached. Has anyone used an additional sealer like "Window Weld" in addition to the foam gasket? Thanks in advance for any insight or tips you might have to get these in right the first time. Barry

Attachments

• cargo .jpg
    cargo .jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 124
Looks like I found a response over on the Sportsmobile forum. Butyl rubber seal in addition to the gasket may be the best bet for the Utah weather extremes. I'm posting this in case anyone else is curious about those pesky window seals.

Thant's the info I got from someone in the window biz in Ohio...it does seem to make sense. I looked at the factory seal and wondered how it would hold up to cold, heat and sand as well as the extremes of these. Vibration is also an issue with the roads we travel. For 50 bucks on a couple of windows it seems like a good risk.

dentedvw

Wire twister
I bought tubes of it for use in the caulk gun for a buck each last year at a clearance sale at ACE hardware. I figured I would use them... someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles