1995 RANGE ROVER CLASSIC LWB W/ 300 TDI TURBO DIESEL SOFT DASH 5-SPEED

zombiemotors

DSC01732.jpgDSC01761.jpgSelling this hard-to-find 1995 Range Rover LWB 'Soft Dash' Classic that has been professionally converted to 300tdi turbo-diesel power and 5-speed R380 transmission!

***for more photos and info check out my blog: just google 'laughs and lashings' and it will pop up on BlogSpot or cut and paste: http://laughsandlashings.blogspot.com/
I also have it listed on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/151246934231?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
This has been a very popular conversion for me, and I have performed many of these in the last couple of years. This truck has only 120K on the chassis, and 115K on the engine and gearbox, and as the conversion was performed I refreshed the engine with a new timing belt, diesel lift pump, front and rear engine seals, and new clutch as well as new radiator. Truck looks absolutely great and has NO RUST. The body is almost perfect and the interior is very nice. Air suspension was recently replaced with a Terra-Firma Lift kit with new springs and shocks. Tires are almost-new as well. Headliner is perfect. Everything works on this truck, except Cruise Control was deleted for the time being. A/C works and is charged. Sunroof works great and does not leak. All gauges and warning lights work as they should. All windows work. Heater works. Transfer case has been converted from Borg-Warner to much more reliable manual LT230 center-diff locking unit used in the European Range Rovers. All wipers and heated windscreens work. Brakes look to be new. ELECTRIC SEATS have been replaced with correct European Range Rover 1995 'Teddy Bear' cloth non-power seats so you will never have to deal with any seat issues like you do when your power seats fail and your seat gets stuck in extreme positions!

I usually sell these trucks for about $15K in similar mechanical condition, and this one is nicer cosmetically, has less miles and looks great. If you have been considering a Range Rover diesel at all, this is the one you will want. I am currently booked up through the summer, so there will not be another one for sale for a long time coming... As you know, you can not find these locally, and they were never available in the USA (Although this is 'normal spec' for UK/ British Rovers). It would cost you much more than my asking price to build yourself, and it would take a bit of time, and you absolutely would never find these seats or this engine unless you imported them in yourself.

This Range Rover Classic now gets about 30MPG on the freeway and 25MPG in town. These are very reliable as diesels and 5-speeds - None of the usual Rover engine problems to plague you with, and a manual transmission is easy to live with, most people prefer it. Would make a great off-roader, or use it as your daily driver/ family wagon. Plenty of power to tow a boat/ trailer/ camper etc with. Will do 75-80MPH on the freeway and will cruise all day at 65 and get close to 30MPG wile doing it. There is one small ding on the drivers side rear fender, it is so small it is difficult to get to show up in pictures. Other than that, body is excellent. You will not find a nicer Range Rover out there, not to mention you will NOT find another one with a factory-correct Land Rover turbo-diesel 300tdi conversion and proper 5-speed gearbox. Factory tape deck/ subwoofer/ CD changer all work as they should too.

My asking price is $14,900.

This truck is currently titled and registered through 2015, and runs like a top. I would not hesitate to hop in it and drive it anywhere, right now. If you have been looking for a Defender 110 or 90, you may want to consider this truck; it is half the money you would spend and has all the 4x4 capabilities, and is much more pleasant to drive as a daily driver and throughout the year, looks great, and has heater/ air conditioning to boot...(this means the wife will actually ride in it...). I lived with a Defender for a while, and decided this is the way to go for me. I stock all parts for this truck here at my shop in Portland OR. Please DO message me with any questions you may have, and feel free to dial me up as well-- Ph. 503-810-4713 -- Zak, or email zombiemotors@earthlink.net. I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles