Offroad fishing Trailer

clutch burner

I will start this off as my first post to the forum, I have been wanting for years build me a trailer, to haul my flat bottom pram to go fly fish the remote lakes around the county. I have got some great ideas from all the builds on this forum, I have been on the trailer build for little over a month now. My only three requirement I gave myself build it from the ground up, have it done by May of this year, and 100% tig weld it.

Here is the start of it all.

FOT108F_zps17ed9f4b.jpg

Fj factory steel rims right off the ups truck.
fjsteelrims_zps3bb7a9c5.jpg

Here is the pram flat bottom boat the trailer will haul.
WP_20140111_002_zpsa5af1513.jpg

The start of the frame.

axlefitup_zps0cf59b34.jpg

Yes I own a FJ cruiser Factory 17 inch steel rims.
fjsteelwheel_zpsfb958142.jpg

Fitting up the axle hanger kit.
frameshacklemount_zps147c1d33.jpg

Starting to tig weld the frame.
WP_20140208_003_zps17b58698.jpg

The frame all welded up I got it done in a day.
FOT8867_zpsaa6509a4.jpg

Next Day got the axle on.
WP_20140209_001_zpscc4dfdef.jpg

Some close up weld pictures

weld2_zps462ead7b.jpg

WP_20140210_012_zps0f6f2dc8.jpg

weld8_zps8e3f7b98.jpg

The start of the upper frame.
weld6_zpsab9fd725.jpg

Upper frame Finished with start of the front side rails.
siderail1_zpsd3836e0a.jpg

Side rails and wheel wells fitted and tack welded still need to finish the welds this coming weekend.

wheelwell_zpsccbb8f68.jpg

Here is it at its current state Got the trailer jack mount welded and wheel bolted to bottom base plate.

tubemount_zps3337fd3d.jpg

trailerjack1_zps49e0d1a1.jpg

Sorry For the long post gave the current state build all in a nutshell, will post more Pictures when things get done.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Nice! been looking to pick up a smaller unit since I sold my BIG Syncrowave, but I cant get myself to spend the coin on a Dynasty for simple weekend projects. Love the build keep the pics rolling. I plan to build an Kayak trailer that will double as an off road trailer.

clutch burner

Nice! been looking to pick up a smaller unit since I sold my BIG Syncrowave, but I cant get myself to spend the coin on a Dynasty for simple weekend projects. Love the build keep the pics rolling. I plan to build an Kayak trailer that will double as an off road trailer.

I use dynasty's at work ten grand for a 350,but they weld aluminum so nice. I would get the 185 diversion with digital amp reading, I'm pushing the limits of my 165 but it gets the job done.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I've gotta go along with the admiration of the welds-

Question: since starting afresh, why didn't you put the leaf springs on topof the axle ???

That mod to the harbor Freight trailer jack (caster/tire) is a great one, haven't seen to many ofem and they work great !

Good luck on the trailer, mines a TENTRAX-

IMGP0643b-1.jpg

Sawmillllakejune12022.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

sgiandubh

Observer
To continue the praise...Sweet looking welds! Always loved tig but couldn't justify the extra cost when it came time to pick up my Miller 211. I'll be watching this build closely.

clutch burner

:sombrero: I've gotta go along with the admiration of the welds-

Question: since starting afresh, why didn't you put the leaf springs on topof the axle ???

That mod to the harbor Freight trailer jack (caster/tire) is a great one, haven't seen to many ofem and they work great !

Good luck on the trailer, mines a TENTRAX-

IMGP0643b-1.jpg

Sawmillllakejune12022.jpg

I felt I did not need the extra height, and did not want the same problem's as with my fj with my arb roof rack it was a pain trying to get pram on top of it weighs around 100 pounds.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: KEWL-thanx

I felt I did not need the extra height, and did not want the same problem's as with my fj with my arb roof rack it was a pain trying to get pram on top of it weighs around 100 pounds.

Nuff said

biskit

Adventurer
Mr Burner, you are doing an awesome job :victory: the welding is :victory: just love your style. What size tube are you using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles