new

LIVEABOARD

Adventurer
have built many vehicles and after 3 yrs of homework have decided tacoma w/pop camper best way 2 go questions r will 09 have changes and is diesel in future ? yhx 2 all great reading

LIVEABOARD said:
have built many vehicles and after 3 yrs of homework have decided tacoma w/pop camper best way 2 go questions r will 09 have changes and is diesel in future ? yhx 2 all great reading

Diesel......we are all hoping sometime is the future, but no one really knows. The Tundra is coimg out in diesel, just no word on Tacomas. As far as I know there are no major changes in the 09 so far, but it is too early to know.

LIVEABOARD

Adventurer
TRD or ?

Should I get the TRD vesion or do build my self prob cheaper was just wondering bout power windows better seats etc

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Here you go, you dropped these--".,!?'" PUNCTUATION!!! :D

I don't think the redesign of the Tacoma is due yet. It's been out since 05, so I'd say a couple of more years, at least. The 4Runner will get a make over before the Tacoma.

As far as the TRD package, depends on what you're going to be doing. If you're going to be off-roading, the rear locker comes in handy. TRD Sport will be better if you're going to be on-road most of the time. It comes with LSD.

Cackalak Han said:
Here you go, you dropped these--".,!?'" PUNCTUATION!!! :D

I don't think the redesign of the Tacoma is due yet. It's been out since 05, so I'd say a couple of more years, at least. The 4Runner will get a make over before the Tacoma.

As far as the TRD package, depends on what you're going to be doing. If you're going to be off-roading, the rear locker comes in handy. TRD Sport will be better if you're going to be on-road most of the time. It comes with LSD.

There is also a non TRD model that has an LSD which is the one I have. I knew I would eventually put an arb air locker in so I saw no reason to get a TRD Off Road. While I don't have the nice plush seats as the TRD guys I know that I have great on road handling with the LSD without the price of the Sport and the added benefit of saving money towards an ARB locker by not getting an Off-Road version.

It all depends on who you ask. Everyone has there own thoughts on the different models.

If your plans don't include an ARB locker then get the Off-Road, but if you plan on doing the ARB thing there really is not much of a point in spending that kind of money.

Last edited:

viter

Adventurer
I would get TRD because you get the rear e-locker - which comes really handy on trails!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles