Danner Mountain Light II - An on-going review

shifty98

Observer
My sister has a pair of Mtn Light IIs. She loves them. I have a pair of Canadians and they have served me very well, and I tend to be pretty hard on gear. Not to mention lifetime boot re crafting services. Danner boots are truly an amazing product.

eli

Observer
Hey just a recommendation . . . try the blue "super feet" insoles. There actually for running and require no trimming. I change them out about every 4-6 months max. since I wear my work boots daily. No pain and no shin splints.

Kingsleyj

Danners at SAR training 20180120

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4710/38941393865_af9a763357_b.jpg

Its been over a month now. I wear mine almost daily. Hope this pic goes through... Its not a close up, but these boots look great. I also got a nice set of Edge Technical gaiters over the holiday break. They have complimented the boots well.

Working in 2-5" of crusty snow doing SAR training this weekend. Feet stayed dry, warm, and quite comfortable during a snowy/wet day. Probably walked/hiked/broke trail for 4-6 miles, and stood around a lot - you may know how training events go. The boots did their job.

I tried several other insole solutions, and each of them seemed to fill up too much of the boot for my feet to be comfortable. I went back to the airthotics and use nice, thick socks and that seems to work well for me. Should've just stuck with it from the start, but I'm hard-headed like that at times. This current set up seems to be the best configuration for my feet and needs, and probably the cheapest solution, as well.

Last edited:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Glad to hear they are breaking in well,

they only get better with time, I took me nearly a year to get them to the point where they would never hurt, at all in any situation or time frame.

From this past weekend

4runnerteq

Explorer
Man I want a pair of those, but crap, I'm boot poor already. Two pair of Red Wings, 1 LL Bean Duck boot, 1 Asolo boot, 3 Salomans. 1 pair of road bike shoes and 1 pair mountan bike shoes. Wife would probably shoot me with one of my own too many guns if I got another pair of boots.

colb45

Observer
Man I want a pair of those, but crap, I'm boot poor already. Two pair of Red Wings, 1 LL Bean Duck boot, 1 Asolo boot, 3 Salomans. 1 pair of road bike shoes and 1 pair mountan bike shoes. Wife would probably shoot me with one of my own too many guns if I got another pair of boots.

Hahah story of my life.... :REOutShootinghunter

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
I bought a pair on moosjaw many years ago (at least 8, maybe 10 years ago) and used a coupon then. Got them for around $250. Mine are needing resoled, along with my Danner Acadias.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
how does the sole look? i've had some Vibram soles replaced on my Timberland Earthkeepers and they work out on the heel extremely fast, and also because i tend to pronate.

They actually look really good. Not a lot of wear at all. I am also very careful not to wear them other than on dirt.

1HaytchZed

So anyone know where I can get a 14 EE? I've been looking and looks like there is 14 D(M), but cant seem to find the EE version.

ventura911

Adventurer
I see the thread’s been slow the last couple of months, but I’ve worn Danner’s for 25+ years and rely on them daily for comfort and durability. I wear 11EEEE Acadias that don’t show up online. Give them a call, or have your boot store call them, and they might have wider sizes than normally advertised.

Also, I highly recommend Danner’s boot recrafting service. Not the cheapest way to get resoled, but they’ll fix other issues while they're at it and you’ll get a near-new pair of boots back - already broken in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste