• Hard Tonneau cover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard top Canopies

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

MadMedic

Technical Responce Medic
Which do you think is better?

I have just gotten a new Toyota Hilux extra cab after the last on was written of by the insurance company, after a drunk driver decided to jump the red lights and impacted me from the side and rolled the truck, luckily i was travelling solo at the time. So as i have said ive gotten a new ish truck but it doesn't have a hard canopy like the last one, i was about to get another one when a work colleague said why not look at the hard tonneau covers.

if i was going to get a tonneau cover it would probably be a mountain top cover, http://www.mountaintop.dk/product/mountain-top-tonneau-cover/

I am just after general pros and cons at the moment of what you think would be better.

Thank you all in advance,

Kottonwood

Adventurer
Maybe someone has very different ideas here but I really don't get the hard tonneau covers. The only real advantage I see to them is the added visibility, which if you have nice mirrors and windows on your topper, is not really an issue. The tonneau covers have less storage space and I believe contrary to the claims of the manufacturers it actually makes the truck less aerodynamic.... I would love to see a study on this but I am basing my ideas off of a mythbusters episode where they studied the effect of the tailgat being open or closed. Personally given the choice I would always choose a topper.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
I've got a fiberglass tonneau on my truck, and i will never get another. It looks nice, but the function of my truck is gone, and i need 2 people to take it off because it's so heavy and awkward. The hinge design is also horrible. Go topper, or possibly a folding cover.

MadMedic

Technical Responce Medic
I've got a fiberglass tonneau on my truck, and i will never get another. It looks nice, but the function of my truck is gone, and i need 2 people to take it off because it's so heavy and awkward. The hinge design is also horrible. Go topper, or possibly a folding cover.

So the consensus is to stay away from the covers and stay with the canopies.

Thanks for all the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94