Pelican case kitchen build

60Dan

Explorer
FINISHED!

Actually .... Finished everything up today!!

Added a Aluminum topper to the wood slide out for easy cleaning.

On a side note .... no affiliation here or anything, but I got all my metal from Metal Supermarkets. Most everything was from their off cut pile including this piece of aluminum. Dont buy from the usual hardware stores if you can avoid it, this saved me a ton of $$$ --- just my 0.02c

Added some boxes and started arranging things around. Im sure I will change it to suit my needs. Overall happy with how this project turned out, and having everything in one spot is a nice change from taking several boxes out of the trailer.

The stove is fully removable, so im not limited to cooking in its current location if I dont want to

We are going camping toward the end of the month for Easter with the kids. Will let you all know how it does and/or changes that need to be addressed

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions

ab1985

Explorer
Looking good, Dan! I knew the Metal Supermarket guys in Louisville well. I haven't been to the location here in town, yet, but sounds like a quality outfit.

When's the big trip?

60Dan

Explorer
Looking good, Dan! I knew the Metal Supermarket guys in Louisville well. I haven't been to the location here in town, yet, but sounds like a quality outfit.

When's the big trip?

Hey pal!

We hit the road July 22nd - can't wait!!

Will be doing a few test runs between now and then.
I noticed you posted on the Overland Expo east thread. I'm hoping to go to that too - we should convoy out there!

adelatoa

Adventurer
Love Pelican cases creative builds. Is it water tight? Did you make holes for lighting cables?

Let me share my build. Pelican Case sub for my DII:

8u9ugany.jpg

u4enyha7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ab1985

Explorer
I noticed you posted on the Overland Expo east thread. I'm hoping to go to that too - we should convoy out there!
As long as you don't mind me stopping for gas. :)

Pretty sure my wife and will make it. Still trying to decide whether to bring the kids. Would be fun to convoy out.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I actually got it off ebay. They sometimes pop up on craigslist too you just have to be really patient.

I just ordered one for about $35. I've been working on a camp kitchen with a 1600. Still trying to decide on the material to use for dividers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

60Dan

Explorer
Love Pelican cases creative builds. Is it water tight? Did you make holes for lighting cables?

Let me share my build. Pelican Case sub for my DII:

8u9ugany.jpg

u4enyha7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. Love the pelican cases they are so universal. I have drilled a few holes for wires and such, but they are at the bottom and have been sealed with silicone so should be waterproof still. Will let you know after the 1st down pour!

As long as you don't mind me stopping for gas. :)

Pretty sure my wife and will make it. Still trying to decide whether to bring the kids. Would be fun to convoy out.

Hell yeah man! I'll stop for gas if you don't mind slowing down for me on the hills! ;)

I just ordered one for about $35. I've been working on a camp kitchen with a 1600. Still trying to decide on the material to use for dividers.

Thats cool, post up your build when you start it. One of the ideas I had for dividers was to use 1/8" thick aluminum and use aluminum brazing rods to connect it all together. Would look pretty sharp, but would limit you on future changes.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I had started out with corrugated plastic because it was easy to manage and cost effective, but haven't figured out how to stabilize it yet. Hopefully the organizer will get some more ideas flowing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier