Pelican case kitchen build

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Couple of shots of my progress. Ran out of glue. I plan on caulking the dividers and then painting everything once it's all finished.
2eryza2a.jpg
y2yvysu4.jpg

I plan on having enough for about 4 ppl in it. I haven't figured out the cutting board just yet but the plan is to find one that is about the same size at the case and then it sits on the top of the walls and keeps everything from shifting around as much.

y3y2e2aj.jpg
udevy3uq.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Not quite as nice as your set-up, but my peli kitchen has always treated me great. Also included my roadtrip parts case for the 60.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 231

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Almost done with mine. Just need a few more items and then the cutting board. Still haven't decided of I'll do one big board or two boards.
3a3amu2e.jpg
u5ahequz.jpg
qyne8y5e.jpg

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Nope nothing really rattles. Spoons and such are in the large pouch on the lid. I have picked it up and tossed it around, flipped it over, shook it etc and nothing moved from its spot. Very happy with the result.

60Dan

Explorer
You dont think it'll be tough cooking on your stove at armpit level? (I may have my proportions all wrong)
Most kitchen set ups I'v seen keep the stove pretty low and let you reach up above to get anything else. (this also decreases the area that gets showered in hot grease and cooking bits)
Regardless, looks super clean and I love the swing out towards the table.

Here is a pic showing the height of the stove in comparison to me and the trailer.
Hope this puts it in perspective

image.jpg

ab1985

Explorer
I saw Dan's kitchen in action this week at GSMTR. Very impressive! Love the extra attention to detail and organization.

pyrate

Rollin' along
Actually .... Finished everything up today!!

Added a Aluminum topper to the wood slide out for easy cleaning.

On a side note .... no affiliation here or anything, but I got all my metal from Metal Supermarkets. Most everything was from their off cut pile including this piece of aluminum. Dont buy from the usual hardware stores if you can avoid it, this saved me a ton of $$$ --- just my 0.02c

Added some boxes and started arranging things around. Im sure I will change it to suit my needs. Overall happy with how this project turned out, and having everything in one spot is a nice change from taking several boxes out of the trailer.

The stove is fully removable, so im not limited to cooking in its current location if I dont want to

We are going camping toward the end of the month for Easter with the kids. Will let you all know how it does and/or changes that need to be addressed

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions

May I ask how the lid organizer is attached? I'm trying to work out a similar box but prefer to keep it watertight and having trouble finding any screws that will hold in the plastic without going all the way through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles