Zodi Hot Tap or Hot Tap HP

gmoneyluv

Hey folks,

Trying to decide between the Zodi Hot Tap or Hot Tap HP. Just two of us and we will be using it during the early spring, summer and fall. I realize that the HP heats up water to a higher temperature more quickly, but could I not just run the already heated water through the water reservoir a second time and achieve similar temps, albeit at a slightly increased time?

Just trying to make an informed decision.

robgendreau

Explorer
That's just what I did with mine. Most commonly you're filling a bucket from somewhere (I store mine in a plain old bucket, not one of their cases). You just recirculate the water. I just put both ends in the bucket and drink a beer. Takes a bit, depending on temp, but in a cold mountain stream in winter you might end up doing that even with the bigger one. Doesn't take too long. And you save space, weight and maybe even fuel.

gmoneyluv

That's just what I did with mine. Most commonly you're filling a bucket from somewhere (I store mine in a plain old bucket, not one of their cases). You just recirculate the water. I just put both ends in the bucket and drink a beer. Takes a bit, depending on temp, but in a cold mountain stream in winter you might end up doing that even with the bigger one. Doesn't take too long. And you save space, weight and maybe even fuel.

Perfect! That's what I wanted to hear! Appreciate the feedback.

dirtyrotten

I have the single tank version. I do the recirculation method. It works well for what I need. On colder days I just start it early before actually needing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior